Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Google to keep 200,000 employees working from home until at least summer 2021

Google is to allow employees to work from home until July 2021, delaying a return to the office originally slated for the end of this year, people familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal, as the coronavirus pandemic shows little sign of letting up.

The move will affect almost 200,000 employees, both full time and contract, according to the WSJ.

As the coronavirus pandemic became more severe in the U.S., tech giants, were some of the first to implement work from home policies as early as March. Employees at Amazon were originally told to work from home until October 2, which was later extended to January 2 next year. Microsoft employees could be among the first to return to the office with a planned reopening in October. But as infections regain an upward trend in at least 30 states, including California, hospitalizations and deaths are also on the up. As a result, Google may end up being one of many major companies to extend their work from home policy beyond January. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/07/27/google-employees-wont-return-to-the-office-until-summer-2021report/#44dd4ad62ea8

39 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's good that they're doing it but it's a really bad sign if ultra-major corporations are committing to things like this bebe1 

Why? It’s not like COVID will magically disappear in 2021 (unfortunately) bebe1 

11 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Why? It’s not like COVID will magically disappear in 2021 (unfortunately) bebe1 

It's just another indication that we're so far from being out of the woods bebe1 Not that I'm surprised, I'm just saying.

45 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's just another indication that we're so far from being out of the woods bebe1 Not that I'm surprised, I'm just saying.

I'm sure if a vaccine comes out in 6 months they'll move this date up nicki5

1 minute ago, Infrared said:

To me, mega corporations making large commitments like this says that it probably won't bebe1 Not in a conspiratorial way or anything, but I would think they have some level of inside info/a better idea of when this will wrap up than the average schmo. 

4 minutes ago, Infrared said:

it'll still take 1/2 years for everyone to get vaccinated (just not anti-vaxxers i guess jokes on them)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.