Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Michael.

Is streaming underestimated by stans?

Sorry but my bad ass 10 year old cousins stream songs on YouTube for hours on end repeatedly. I once saw a 4 year old walking around a store with Old Town Road streaming on repeat for 45 minutes. Call me a boomer but these annoy ass kids are the reason Tekashi 69 can grab a no. 1 in 2020. THATS on period and it’s not a fair way to chart music idgaf what y’all sayin 

That topic again...  jj3 We can't have a serious debate here, so what is the point? Suddenly pressed people who don't like different opinions of other people drag their faves. fall4 

Streaming is pretty much about new and newer acts. Older artists don't have a chance, not to mention other genres and less commercial music. 

Some of you bitch about teens supporting some new artists you don't like, but hey, that is exactly how your faves managed to rule through the 2010s. eve1 

30 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

That topic again...  jj3 We can't have a serious debate here, so what is the point? Suddenly pressed people who don't like different opinions of other people drag their faves. fall4 

Streaming is pretty much about new and newer acts. Older artists don't have a chance, not to mention other genres and less commercial music. 

Some of you bitch about teens supporting some new artists you don't like, but hey, that is exactly how your faves managed to rule through the 2010s. eve1 

Funny enough all the people I see complaining about streaming are stans of a certain 80s diva lol3 

Older artists don’t have a chance? JLo is over 50 and she’s a solid streaming force. 

Why? Because she was able to adapt and keep up with the industry while still appealing to the young generation. 

6 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Funny enough all the people I see complaining about streaming are stans of a certain 80s diva lol3 

Older artists don’t have a chance? JLo is over 50 and she’s a solid streaming force. 

Why? Because she was able to adapt and keep up with the industry while still appealing to the young generation. 

So what if they are stans of some 80s artists? What does that have to do with people's opinions about streaming?  sia4  

I was talking about hits, which Jennifer didn't have since 2011.

51 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

So what if they are stans of some 80s artists? What does that have to do with people's opinions about streaming?  sia4  

I was talking about hits, which Jennifer didn't have since 2011.

80s artists generally struggle to score hits 40 years into their careers, it has nothing to do with streaming. lol3 

Let’s not act like Madonna would still be getting top 10 hits if streaming wasn’t dominant.  It’s called being past your time which is ok. The concept is not new. 

6 minutes ago, Michael. said:

80s artists generally struggle to score hits 40 years into their careers, it has nothing to do with streaming. lol3 

Let’s not act like Madonna would still be getting top 10 hits if streaming wasn’t dominant.  It’s called being past your time which is ok. The concept is not new. 

this. The fossils in here crying and screaming “its not fair!!!!” as if their dusty ass favs would be slaying if tIK ToK and streaming were out of the equation. lol3

6 hours ago, Gilly said:

yes. Like..charts are suppose to represent what the masses are consuming, and if that means a top 10 full of rap/trap songs that gets the phags fuming and reminiscing on when their hasbeen fav used to rule the charts in 1989, then so be it

stream/buy your favs music more or start a tik tok challenge and maybe, just MAYBE, people will care enough to stream them.  If not, thats their problem. Adapt or get left behind. sorry1 

clap4

i couldn't have said it better; as hard as it is for the pop lovers to adapt... it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

this. The fossils in here crying and screaming “its not fair!!!!” as if their dusty ass favs would be slaying if tIK ToK and streaming were out of the equation. lol3

Right. I don’t get the old artists!!1 argument.

Most 80s acts were already either not charting or struggling to crack top 40 even before streaming took over so I don’t understand why they’re putting the blame on streaming when those artists were already has beens to begin with. lol3 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.