Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Drake overtakes Madonna and The Beatles to break H100 chart record

_113674576_drakecomp.jpg

Drake has broken the record for the most top 10 singles in the history of the US Billboard chart, overtaking previous record-holder Madonna. The Canadian rapper and singer scored his 39th and 40th top 10 hits on this week's countdown, as the vocalist on DJ Khaled's singles Popstar and Greece. The feat comes just 11 years after his first appearance in the top 10, with his breakthrough hit, Best I Ever Had. Madonna had held the record since 2008, after surpassing The Beatles' tally.

f19ce1c7-e4fe-4bc4-b032-a114c30afb04?pub

The British band clocked up 34 top 10 hits between 1962's Love Me Do and 1995's Free As A Bird - which featured recovered vocals from the late John Lennon. Madonna tied the Beatles' record with Don't Tell Me, her 34th top 10, in February 2001; and overtook them with the Bond theme Die Another Day the following year. Her most recent appearance in the upper echelons of the US chart came in 2012, with Give Me All Your Luvin, which she performed at the Super Bowl half-time concert. The star still holds the record for the most top 10 singles as a lead artist. She's credited as the main performer on all 38 of her appearances in the top 10.

Drake, however, can only claim the lead role on 25 of his entries, appearing as a featured vocalist on the other 15. That's partly due to the collaborative nature of hip-hop, but it's also evidence of the star's prodigious work-rate. In addition to his top 10 singles, he also holds the record for the most entries on the Hot 100 chart (224) and top 40 hits (113).

x

I honestly don't know where the appeal is anymore. His music is so lazy now, it's just rehashes of his older material. And let's not even get started on his reliance on collaboration to make anything work. 

On 8/1/2020 at 6:55 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

His music is so lazy now, it's just rehashes of his older material. And let's not even get started on his reliance on collaboration to make anything work. 

also, he is very overhyped :trollga:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.