Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

VMAs snubs Dua Lipa and Harry Styles

Future Nostalgia got 0 nominations in the big categories, even tho it's one of the most praised albums of the year with two hits that served longevity at the charts + great music videos + huge streaming numbers. Harry Styles too. Yet they nominated material from Justin Bieber, DaBaby, Jonas Brothers and Eminem. Award shows are becoming more and more biased as time passes, it's sad. I've stopped giving much value to how many awards an artist has.

SHkjUC9.gif

21 minutes ago, STJ said:

brit1 I didn't even know they had music out... brit1

Looks like VMA is dependent on labels' payola.

It totally is, which is why Camel Cabelly has been nominated for her no1curr song again after unrightfully winning Video of the Year in 2018. What a joke!

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

It totally is, which is why Camel Cabelly has been nominated for her no1curr song again after unrightfully winning Video of the Year in 2018. What a joke!

Oh yeah, I remember last year she was nominated in a lot of categories for no reason. nicki5

Well I mean in Dua's case, the strength of the album isn't going to secure a Video Music Award nomination. While the songs are amazing, the videos are pretty average for the most part. 

10 hours ago, Madonna said:

It’s her manager that keeps investing in this shit.

Truly the US version of Retail Oral from the Uk. No1Kurrs for her yet she gets invited to all these events and nominated for everything. 

13 hours ago, Moira O'Hara said:

They nominated material from Justin Bieber, DaBaby, Jonas Brothers and Eminem. Award shows are becoming more and more biased as time passes, it's sad.

SHkjUC9.gif

Who exactly are the VMAs being biased for? Men? jj4

10 hours ago, Gravity said:

Does anyone even care about the VMAs anymore? brit5 Or any award show that isn't the Grammys? 

Grammys are even worse. 

SHkjUC9.gif

On 7/31/2020 at 4:06 AM, Moira O'Hara said:

Future Nostalgia got 0 nominations in the big categories, even tho it's one of the most praised albums of the year with two hits that served longevity at the charts + great music videos + huge streaming numbers

FN deserves better!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.