Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Spotify CEO: "The ones that aren't doing well in streaming are people who release music the old way"

What kind of human egg

I'll remind him that Spotify started as an illegal streaming service that allowed people to stream any songs for free ny13

As much as I love my Spotify and use it every day, it will NEVER replace traditional release formats and the fact that vinyls and fucking cassettes have made a huge comeback is testiment to that. 

Also, it still isn't more financially beneficial to be better on streaming than physical releases

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

so basically line Spotify's pockets for playlist support and you'll succeed!

playlisting can help but it does not guarantee streams/success sis. There’s countless of examples that prove this (e.g camilas existence) 

2 hours ago, sicknebula said:

What does he mean by "the old way" anyway? Still releasing physical copies? Vinyls, cassettes, CDs + ALBUM ART are very important. 

perhaps he means that some artists still release music with a focus on physical sales/focus on traditional forms of promo like tv performances, releasing albums exclusively on itunes (ala beyonce), instead of investing in more modern modes of promo like exclusive videos for spotify (vertical videos), streaming exclusives (like drake on apple music), etc. And he isnt wrong. 

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

perhaps he means that some artists still release music with a focus on physical sales or focus on traditional forms of promo like tv performances, releasing albums exclusively on itunes (ala beyonce), instead of investing in more modern modes of promo like exclusive videos for spotify (vertical videos), streaming exclusives (like drake on apple music), etc. And he isnt wrong. 

That’s exactly how I took it and yea he’s not wrong rip4 the grudge op and other pop forum stans have against streaming is very odd behavior rip4 

5 hours ago, Gravity said:

This erily reminds me of radio stars vs video stars back when MTV came out and some artists didn't wanna modernize and release their music with a video.

Interesting the fandom whose fave benefited from that are now so pressed about streaming nat1

That MTV thing.... yeah

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.