Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

Scream 5 | January 2022 | Filming continues, first Pics from Set

gale.png?w=841&ssl=1

Announced earlier this year, Ready or Not filmmakers Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will be resurrecting the Scream franchise for Spyglass Media Group and Paramount Pictures, with David Arquette confirmed to reprise the role of Dewey Riley. And we’ve learned today that Courteney Cox will also be back as the dogged news reporter Gale Weathers.

Cox of course played Weathers in all four of Wes Craven’s Scream movies.

Radio Silence said in a statement today, “We can’t imagine Scream without the iconic Gale Weathers and are so incredibly thrilled and humbled to have the opportunity to work with Courteney. We’re absolute mega fans of her work and we’re so excited to join her in the next chapter of the Scream saga!”

The movie is being directed by Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett of the filmmaking group Radio Silence (Ready or Not, V/H/S) from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt (Murder Mystery, Zodiac, The Amazing Spider-Man) and Guy Busick (Ready or Not, “Castle Rock”).

Kevin Williamson and the third member of the Radio Silence trio, Chad Villella, are executive producing with Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak serving as producers.

Neve Campbell recently revealed that conversations regarding the potential return of Sidney Prescott are underway, and Matthew Lillard has even expressed interest in returning – if, ya know, that’d even be possible. Stu Macher, after all, is quite dead. Or is he…?

The plan is for Paramount to release the untitled sequel in 2021.

Source: https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3625885/courteney-cox-confirmed-play-gale-weathers-new-scream-movie/

I'm surprised Neve hasn't signed on yet. She was the first one to talk about it getting traction.

I assume they'll get her as well since they've got David and Courtney.

I'd also guess with this film they might finally pass the torch onto new characters after Scream 4 didn't produce a new series like they planned.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, Max said:

Courteney has only filmed for two days... I fear she's getting axed. jj4

I'm hoping if they're soft rebooting the franchise maybe she's just got a cameo/very limited scenes. You'd be surprised how much a production can accomplish in 48hrs, esp with COVID and their attempts to limit time on set. If you find out anything specific though don't give me any spoilers jj4

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.