Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Strobo

Why aren't the 00s stars considered legends yet?

5 hours ago, STJ said:

Kylie is considered a legend? No shade, but she is the literal definition of local. brit15

She’s not though. She’s incredibly popular in most places, just not North America. She’s huge in Europe and Australia, not as big but still popular in Asia. That’s not really local. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

She’s not though. She’s incredibly popular in most places, just not North America. She’s huge in Europe and Australia, not as big but still popular in Asia. That’s not really local. 

That explains why she's so popular on here mad1  I thought she's only big in UK and Aus. 

Alright so it seems like the consensus here is that most of them are legends, which is kind of weird to me because I've heard a LOT of people downplay these artists.

I've heard:

Beyoncé isn't because "her music isn't good enough" (and that's even after Beychella when the MJ comparisons began again)

Britney isn't because "no one takes her seriously" (before and the breakdown)

Xtina isn't because "she fell off too quickly" (and some people saying she doesn't compare to previous vocal legends)

P!nk is extremely successful but she's even said herself, no one really knows what she does and even after being in the game so long

Shakira I'd say is seen that way in Latin America???

Rihanna and Gaga (as well as Taylor and Katy) might be too new, I haven't heard anyone besides stans acknowledge any of them in that way

If there's anyone I think that deserves it now without any debate are Beyoncé for all the things she's done and only seems to get larger than life every single era, and Xtina for how much influence she's had vocally even if she hasn't been at the top for a while now.

19 hours ago, Strobo said:

Why haven't the likes of Britney, Beyoncé, Christina, Pink, Shakira, Rihanna, Gaga, etc gotten that type of reputation yet? What do y'all think it is? Do you think they can get there?

umm. Britney, Shakira and Beyonce are LEGENDS! Gaga is a LEGEND too! Xtina is forgotten (LOL) and Rihanna.... nevermind rip4

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.