Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

The Prince of Pop?

So we already have an established King, Queen and Princess of Pop.... 

dacf7e90e171b59e51d61d98e8d21623.jpg

...but we don't seem to have a true Prince of Pop. I've heard of people referring to Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber but I only hear of this from their fanbases mostly. What say you? Who do you think is worthy enough to sit with the pop royalty? Is there even anyone worthy enough to sit with these three? Discuss

Both the Justin's are trash it's such a shame they're the only two options, that being said Timberlake is the closest to prince of pop. He was the lead member for a major boyband and has the success and longevity for atleast 10+ years after he went solo. Junkie Bieber could never

19 minutes ago, BreatheeOnKnee said:

Both the Justin's are trash it's such a shame they're the only two options, that being said Timberlake is the closest to prince of pop. He was the lead member for a major boyband and has the success and longevity for atleast 10+ years after he went solo. Junkie Bieber could never

They're not the only options. I just mentioned them since whenever I hear people talk about who the Prince of Pop should be, they're the ones that are often brought up 

Well I guess from a sales perspective it'd be Ed Sheeran but I wouldn't give him that title because he's not really had any pop culture impact which is a must to be a music royal. And really, none of the big male artists right now have made a pop culture impact either because they just...never did...or they haven't been around long enough to yet. As far as i'm concerned the title is currently vacant tbh. 

Closest thing I guess would've been Justin Timberlake, but he really has no identity without Timbaland and being a Michael Jackson tribute act.

Justin Bieber is honestly too trash to really get that title both as a person, and musically jj2

I always thought the “Prince of Pop” was literally Prince himself mj1

No offense to these other male artists, but no one else ever came close to being competition or considered an equal for Michael besides Prince, so I feel the title goes to him and no one else. I mean even “The Godfather of Soul” James Brown acknowledge both of them so that speaks for itself  lol3

4 minutes ago, StanLeeMusique said:

I always thought the “Prince of Pop” was literally Prince himself mj1

No offense to these other male artists, but no one else ever came close to being competition or considered an equal for Michael besides Prince, so I feel the title goes to him and no one else. I mean even “The Godfather of Soul” James Brown acknowledge both of them so that speaks for itself  lol3

imo that's an insult to Prince, he's way more than just "Prince of Pop" especially since if we go by how Madonna is the queen and Britney is the princess, it implies a successor or someone who came later tbh

44 minutes ago, Strobo said:

imo that's an insult to Prince, he's way more than just "Prince of Pop" especially since if we go by how Madonna is the queen and Britney is the princess, it implies a successor or someone who came later tbh

IMO it’s an insult to Prince when some consider J.T., let alone J.B., successors since successor means “one that follows” or “next in line”. Which means you’re literally skipping Prince and everything he accomplished for imitators who’ve brought nothing new lol3

So tell me again how it’s an insult to acknowledge him as the next highest standard of music royalty moo12

22 minutes ago, StanLeeMusique said:

IMO it’s an insult to Prince when some consider J.T., let alone J.B., successors since successor means “one that follows” or “next in line”. Which means you’re literally skipping Prince and everything he accomplished for imitators who’ve brought nothing new lol3

So tell me again how it’s an insult to acknowledge him as the next highest standard of music royalty moo12

I didn't realize Britney was considered a "next highest standard" after Madonna jj2

I get the point though, Prince is way more deserving of the title if we're going that by that but... no one ever called him this. It's always been the shitty Justins.

5 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I didn't realize Britney was considered a "next highest standard" after Madonna jj2

I get the point though, Prince is way more deserving of the title if we're going that by that but... no one ever called him this. It's always been the shitty Justins.

Sis I never said I agreed with the title they gave Britney. I mean I love her but... brit15
Anyways, at least we’ve all come to the same conclusion and agree that those shitty Justins are overrated, therefore unworthy of the title jj2

29 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I never understood why Britney was considered Madonna's successor or her musical daughter when they barely have anything in common. 

1 hour ago, StanLeeMusique said:

I always thought the “Prince of Pop” was literally Prince himself 

This wouldn't work especially considering Prince is two months older than Michael

You might not want to hear this, but...

....Justin Timberlake is indeed the prince of pop music.

Let's not bring the actual Prince Nelson to this discussion since he's much more of a King himself on par with MJ. Even better than MJ, honestly.

I would also say that George Michael was probably the closest we had for a much better prince of pop. He makes much better pop/R&B music than any of the Justins.

10 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

This is such a hard question because I feel like most famous male artists don't really do Pop...

Like, I would say The Weeknd is super on top of the game, but... do we consider him a "pop" artist? or R&B?

I think he does both although After Hours is his most pop sounding album to date. He wouldn't work though cause most of his discography is R&B

28 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I never understood why Britney was considered Madonna's successor or her musical daughter when they barely have anything in common. 

I think it's because they had the same hysteria with fans and career boom when they started. Plus Britney was a young girl doing bubble gum pop so the title Princess seemed fitting to her. But yeah Brit took more from Janet than Madonna 

OT: if The Weeknd keeps making pop records then him. Or Bruno Mars.

16 hours ago, Tama said:

I would also say that George Michael was probably the closest we had for a much better prince of pop. He makes much better pop/R&B music than any of the Justins.

Tea. 

I didn't even think about George Michael. He definitely deserved it with his music and visuals. 

Justin Bieber is not even close...

and Justin Timberlake nope, this could have been a discussion bac in 2006 back when he released FuterSex.... but after that he became boring and uninteresting idol, he took a LONG time to release music...  The 20/20 experience was good, but not good enough then he took another break.... he only relased the most annoying song of all time.,... the he relased the WORST album EVER, he is boring and there is nothing new .... 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.