Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Gilly

Taylor can’t top Getaway Car. Why?

For me there are three things that push this song over the top for me besides the production and catchy power pop chorus. 

1. The master lyricism. Taylor swift can take a lyrical paintbrush and create a work of art like no other. The level of details she puts into her songs is incredible. With lines like “the ties were black the lies were white, in shades of grey in candlelight” ooh chills

2. The bridge. As we all know nobody does a bridge better than Taylor and this song is no exception 

3. The outro. The outro to this song just elevates it in so many ways to me 

5 minutes ago, Mandy Candy said:

For me there are three things that push this song over the top for me besides the production and catchy power pop chorus. 

1. The master lyricism. Taylor swift can take a lyrical paintbrush and create a work of art like no other. The level of details she puts into her songs is incredible. With lines like “the ties were black the lies were white, in shades of grey in candlelight” ooh chills

2. The bridge. As we all know nobody does a bridge better than Taylor and this song is no exception 

3. The outro. The outro to this song just elevates it in so many ways to me 

the bridge/outro is the best thing she has EVER done ny3 like everytime i listen to it, im out of the breath by the end of the song ny3 

Yeah, it is one of the strongest moments on the album, but I would say that reputation alone rivaled Getaway car with moments like Delicate, Dancing With Our Hands Tied and Call It What You Want very well. jj2

She did with most of Folklord jj2 

Actually I’m kind of sad because I don’t feel much when listening to Getaway Car anymore rip4 when it dropped I absolutely thought it was one of her best songs and it made me feel THINGS but now I don’t flinch at all. I wish I did tho because objectively it’s a beautiful song ari6

It’s still the best song on reputa tho so at least there’s that 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Oh, now... what song is better then? wendy1 

Call It What You Want, New Year's Day, Dress, King Of My Heart, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Delicate juicy1 

11 minutes ago, Luca said:

Call It What You Want, New Year's Day, Dress, King Of My Heart, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Delicate juicy1 

imagine thinking dress is better than getaway god juicy1 

48 minutes ago, Luca said:

38 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

CIWYW, SIG, DWOHT just to name a few wendy1 

I can accept all these nominations besides NYD and Dress juicy1 

CIWYW, SIG & KOMH biggest growers on the album

1 hour ago, Luca said:

I very much can! juicy1 

I only bought this dress so you can take it off Gilly! juicy1 

55 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I can accept all these nominations besides NYD and Dress juicy1 

CIWYW, SIG & KOMH biggest growers on the album

Call It Want You God is the only girl that can maybe compete juicy1 Dress bottom 3 on the album  juicy1 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.