Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

GAGA

Your fav hasn’t had a solo No. 1 BB Hit in almost 10-20 years. Why?

Taylor just scored another SOLO no. 1 on the BB hot 100 clap4

Ariana scored one last year and the year before that clap4

Selena scored one last year clap4

Mariah just scored one 8 months ago for her Christmas smash hit clap4

SO, why hasn’t YOUR fav scored a SOLO no. 1 on the BB HOT 100 in 7-20 YEARS? Explain yourselves.

XTINA: 2000 (Come On Over) - 20 yrs ago

MADONNA: 2000 (Music) - 20 yrs ago

BEYONCÉ: 2008 (Single Ladies) - 12 yrs ago

BRITNEY: 2011 (Hold It against Me) - 9 yrs ago

GAGA: 2011 (Born This Way) - 9 yrs ago

RIHANNA: 2012 (Diamonds) - 8 yrs ago

KATY: 2013 (Roar) - 7 yrs ago 

What’s good? Let me get ready for all the ageism excuses bebe1

17 minutes ago, GAGA said:

Taylor just scored another SOLO no. 1 on the BB hot 100 clap4

Ariana scored one last year and the year before that clap4

Selena scored one last year clap4

Mariah just scored one 8 months ago for her Christmas smash hit clap4

SO, why hasn’t YOUR fav scored a SOLO no. 1 on the BB HOT 100 in 7-20 YEARS? Explain yourselves.

BEYONCÉ: 2008 (Single Ladies) - 12 yrs ago

RIHANNA: 2010 (Only Girl) - 10 yrs ago

What’s good? Let me get ready for all the ageism excuses bebe1

We all know why Madonna hasn’t scored a solo #1 hit since Music. Hung Up has entered the chat!

Anyway, Britney and XTina have stopped giving a shit and so has Bey lowkey.

Rihanna, Gaga and Katy are the only ones who don’t have a good excuse. Anyway, Work probably would have done well even without Drake because it had viral potential.

Edit: Just realized that Rihanna released Diamonds and We Found Love after Only Girl. mad5 

4 minutes ago, Simón. said:

What’s the obsession with solo hits anyway. rip4 

(Also Diamonds hit #1 8 years ago)

The relics have the obsession yet their fav hasn’t scored one in 2 decades we-

also, oops thanks. I was reading the wiki wrong , updated. 

5 minutes ago, Simón. said:

What’s the obsession with solo hits anyway. rip4 

(Also Diamonds hit #1 8 years ago)

Wait dead4  and We Found Love too. Literally her two biggest hits.

15 minutes ago, GAGA said:

This can't be real. I refuse to believe her last solo #1 was 20 years ago brit14

20 minutes ago, GAGA said:

RIHANNA: 2010 (Only Girl) - 10 yrs ago

Diamonds says hi. Anyways, Love On The Brain could've gone #1 if she gave a shit and promoted the damn song

23 minutes ago, GAGA said:

The fact that she was able to get a solo #1 that late into her career is pretty impressive when you think about it especially compared to Xtina who last solo #1 was three years after her debut dead1

Well to be totally honest, she barely tries anymore. I doubt at this point she cares about a #1 single but still, she just doesn't put that effort out to make it happen like she used to. I mean Hung Up could've been #1 (and it came close) and hell 4 Minutes could've been #1 (and it also came close) but she just didn't do as much with them as she really could have. 

In Madonna's case it's ageism and backlash because of American Life, otherwise Hung Up absolutely could have gone #1 in the US. 4 Minutes isn't solo but that came close too. Dragging her last #1 being 20 years ago completely erases the fact that it happened 17 years into her career with a new music.

Xtina I don't know why she fizzled out so fast, especially since Stripped was way more of a moment than Debut. But I think the long breaks between albums and then Bionic getting dragged the way it did caused her to give up.

Britney really should've had more #1s than she does (I'm A Slave 4 U, Toxic and Gimme More come to mind) but the fact that she still got #1s after her breakdown and conservatorship is impressive.

Beyonce stopped caring after she fired her daddy and made the music SHE wanted to make. Drunk in Love and Formation really could've went there though.

Rihanna also did that with Anti, but if she worked that promo Love On The Brain would have but I guess she decided Work hitting #1 was enough.

Gaga and Katy are the only ones who don't really have much of an excuse tbh

4 hours ago, GAGA said:

RIHANNA: 2012 (Diamonds) - 8 yrs ago

These don't count cause your title says "10-20 years ago" gaga3

That being said, it seems the era of of the last 2000s pop star (Gaga, Katy, Kesha, – and by extension, Rihanna and maybe Bey I guess) didn't really have a really long career of continuous number ones. However, it could be that they're just in a lull and will swing back later. However, for Katy it's a pretty long lull. Rihanna is her own fault. Kesha won't be coming back like she was. And Gaga… has potential but who knows cause Ari helped with the number one.

12 minutes ago, Brightflower said:

Xtina sis gaga4

It still amazes me that she hasn't had a solo Billboard Top 5 hit in 18 years. Only 3 years after her debut... brit15

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.