Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Max

Eurovision coming to the US: The American Song Contest - Holidays 2021

eurovision.jpg?w=600

The “Eurovision Song Contest,” Europe’s popular music competition, one of the world’s biggest televised events and the platform that helped launch ABBA, is coming to America. “The American Song Contest” is set to debut during the 2021 holiday season.

Hoping to siphon off some of the magic of the beloved six-decade-old show, which draws over 200 million viewers to its grand finale, the premise for “The American Song Contest” will remain similar to the European version. Professional musical artists — solo singers, duos or groups up to six members — from each of the 50 states and across every musical genre will perform all original songs on the live televised event.

The format, as it is currently conceived, will position the artists head-to-head against other states’ representatives in a series of televised qualifier competitions, leading to semi-finals and the ultimate primetime Grand Finale March Madness-style. Propagate Content will create The American Song Contest Academy, a group consisting of music professionals based in the U.S. that represent all genres and backgrounds, from which juries of artists and music industry notables who, along with the regional audiences, will select top talent from all 50 states to compete.

Source: https://variety.com/2020/music/news/eurovision-song-contest-american-song-contest-1234726887/

I like the idea BUT I fear that the greatest thing about Eurovision - the diversity of cultures, languages, performers, views, opinions - will not quite be the same.

10 minutes ago, Max said:

I like the idea BUT I fear that the greatest thing about Eurovision - the diversity of cultures, languages, performers, views, opinions - will not quite be the same.

Agree. The difference between states is literally not the same as the difference between countries. It's barely noticeable. Except accent or smth in the US

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.