Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Nicole Richie

Grammys Ban Ke$ha, Gaga, Britney from Dance Category

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

This is completely fair. All those artists make Pop songs, not Dance songs. It is totally justified. +shrug+

So was TTWE +queenbitch+ a lot Britney and Ke$ha songs are dance +queenbitch+
Yup! S&M is eurodance & Judas is Dance-pop. These girls make music for people to dance to, and it should be treated as such; regardless of their status/relevance in pop culture.

In my opinion, the fairness in all of this is about 50/50 being that "Ke$ha, Britney, GaGa, Rihanna and J.Lo" are indeed "POP POWERHOUSES". +shrug+

So I guess it is Fair to give others who are "DANCE ARTIST" and not "POP ARTIST" a chance to win. :^)

Because...

THE REAL "DANCE ARTIST" WILL NEVER GET A CHANCE IN ANY OTHER CATEGORY ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

In my opinion, the fairness in all of this is about 50/50 being that "Ke$ha, Britney, GaGa, Rihanna and J.Lo" are indeed "POP POWERHOUSES". +shrug+

So I guess it is Fair to give others who are "DANCE ARTIST" and not "POP ARTIST" a chance to win. :^)

Because...

THE REAL "DANCE ARTIST" WILL NEVER GET A CHANCE IN ANY OTHER CATEGORY ny7.gif' alt='ny6'>

Dev is electropop, and Robyn is electropop/R&B. They are like the cheap versions of Ke$ha, and Rihanna.
Guest supern☯va

The submitted singles from Ke$ha, Britney, GaGa, and so forth are all very dance-based. They're all at least somewhat sonically similar to those from Robyn, DEV, and LMFAO. These artists are all competing for the same audience. Their submitted recordings all fit into the dance genre. I think it's kinda unfair of the Academy to block certain artists from certain categories and then let their less successful counterparts continue to compete.

But really, I don't care either way. Grammys hold very little merit to me.

see if you understand why the grammy's do this then you must think kesha and the others deserve a nomintation in a different category, cuz this way it seems in no way fair , and if BEP can win an award like that so can kesha

sass1

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why they did it to give lesser-known acts more of a chance, but they dump random unknowns in the big categories anyway +shrug+

Sorry, who won Best New Artist last year? No one remembers? Exactly sip1

Esperanza Spalding or some shit like that ny2

It makes perfect sense. It's the producers who are making the beats, not the artist. We need to start paying attention to the people behind the scenes.
They can have a Best Producers category then. A dance song requires the contributions of both an artist, and producer. This isn't the best beat, but the best song.
They can have a Best Producers category then. A dance song requires the contributions of both an artist, and producer. This isn't the best beat, but the best song.

Well it depends on how involved the artist actually is. I could see Britney just agreeing to every song put in front of her and giving no input.

Well it depends on how involved the artist actually is. I could see Britney just agreeing to every song put in front of her and giving no input.
Britney probably doesn't even have a say in which songs she sings. Even if she didn't have her input in the production she still sang it and turned it into a hit. TTWE without vocals would have flopped.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.