Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

dynxsty

Can you name times Beyonce self sabotaged/fumbled the bag?

im curious to see how many y'all can name, because there's a lot... nicki5

ill start:

7/11 not being available for purchase until the BEYONCE re-release the week after. the easy top 10 (or #1) it would've been if it was released the same week as the Music Video ny10

When the Formation video originally came out and it was unlisted on her channel for months, only accessible from her site killing it's views. She finally reposted it as a public version ten months later and it's got over 200m views now but it could've had those numbers WAY earlier. 

Lemonade being on Spotify like 2 years after the release date nicki5 

Self-Titled not being on streaming services in general until deluxe edition came out nicki5 

No push for the Lemonade singles nicki5 Hold Up and Sorry could’ve been massive hits but oh well

Formation MV being private for months nicki5 

Releasing EIL as “The Carters” nicki5 

There’s probably more but I’m gonna keep my moof shut for now 

The OTR II Tour set list was SHIT! It would've been better if it had just a LEMONADE section, a 4:44 section, an Everything Is Love section, plus all the hits they've done together.

Everything Is Love being released AFTER the first leg of the tour???? It should've been released the same day that the tour was announced, or even the day/week after Coachella.

The deluxe tracks on BEYONCE weren't all great. I wish we could've had a full version of the ORIGINAL Standing On The Sun, and an audio of Grown Woman. 

6 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:

The deluxe tracks on BEYONCE weren't all great. I wish we could've had a full version of the ORIGINAL Standing On The Sun, and an audio of Grown Woman. 

an audio for Grown Woman would be AWESOME. But even the deluxe tracks on Self-Titled are great. Self-titled has literally NO fillers.

6 hours ago, V For Vendetta said:

The OTR II Tour set list was SHIT! It would've been better if it had just a LEMONADE section, a 4:44 section, an Everything Is Love section, plus all the hits they've done together.

a disappointing thing on the OTR II Tour setlist was Single Ladies NOT on the setlist. And yes, i wish there was a  Lemonade section too.

She's been fumbling the bag since 4 """flopped"""

Self-Titled made the world stop but she could've easily done just a bit of post release promo and gotten Drunk in Love to #1, XO shouldn't have been ignored either.

Plus, not having it on spotify until like a year or so later hurt.

The entire Lemonade era despite being a cultural moment was just misstep after misstep. Like, yeah, we understand you're about your art now and not trying to rule the world however it's not being artistic to make your work hard to access to a lot of people. Plus, it cost nothing to promo Hold Up and Sorry even just the slightest bit.

EIL was also NOT the move when her whole damn fanbase doesn't like Jay-Z like that anymore, even if the album was cute and Apeshit was a serve.

And The Gift... well, at least we got visuals but I hate to say it almost feels like a last minute attempt to save the largely ignored "era" (if we can call it that...) She should've waited until they were done and released everything all at once.

36 minutes ago, Strobo said:

EIL was also NOT the move when her whole damn fanbase doesn't like Jay-Z like that anymore, even if the album was cute and Apeshit was a serve.

There was a hype around their collab album but around the time they announced OTR Tour. That was like 6-7 years ago rip3 Why she’s so slow sometimes

Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream 

A HUGE misstep in the building of the mystery and allure of Beyonce the powerful media manipulator, feminist, and political figure. She speaks better through her art than her mouth, I think we all can agree. She has since corrected course and never veered from that path. It's why her art holds so much weight. She lets us fill in the details and the gaps and enrich the material. The last 7 years of her public persona is a case study in near perfect self-marketing. 

19 hours ago, harry said:

Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream 

A HUGE misstep in the building of the mystery and allure of Beyonce the powerful media manipulator, feminist, and political figure. She speaks better through her art than her mouth, I think we all can agree. She has since corrected course and never veered from that path. It's why her art holds so much weight. She lets us fill in the details and the gaps and enrich the material. The last 7 years of her public persona is a case study in near perfect self-marketing. 

Sometimes I wish she dropped it and loosen up a bit 

11 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Sometimes I wish she dropped it and loosen up a bit 

She does sometimes on her music but the act is getting really tired tbh

Her fans know there's more to her than the act, but I fear that she's been keeping it up for so long that it's gonna hurt her in the long run

I'm not saying she needs to have messy social media or interviews, but just being herself every so often like that ELLE magazine interview! Honestly if she did more little things like that every so often it would do wonders and maybe even attract new fans. I think The Gift shows that her audience is now mostly just her core fans, even if EIL and The Gift really wanted to gain new ones.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, Strobo said:

She's been fumbling the bag since 4 """flopped"""

Self-Titled made the world stop but she could've easily done just a bit of post release promo and gotten Drunk in Love to #1, XO shouldn't have been ignored either.

Plus, not having it on spotify until like a year or so later hurt.

The entire Lemonade era despite being a cultural moment was just misstep after misstep. Like, yeah, we understand you're about your art now and not trying to rule the world however it's not being artistic to make your work hard to access to a lot of people. Plus, it cost nothing to promo Hold Up and Sorry even just the slightest bit.

And The Gift... well, at least we got visuals but I hate to say it almost feels like a last minute attempt to save the largely ignored "era" (if we can call it that...) She should've waited until they were done and released everything all at once

agree with you

Or ya know, we could just focus on the innumerable times where she won and everything fell into place which is the majority of her career. Seriously, sis has had one of the best music careers ever... twice over. I can only name 3 or 4 (maybe 5) pop superstars that have had just as great, if not better on all fronts of a pop career. I don't really get the point of being stuck on minute missteps. Big missteps are okay to analyze  because you can't have the highs without the lows but most of the shit the hive complain about these days is high-key petty lol.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:14 PM, Chantoya Jo Jackson said:

Or ya know, we could just focus on the innumerable times where she won and everything fell into place which is the majority of her career. Seriously, sis has had one of the best music careers ever... twice over. I can only name 3 or 4 (maybe 5) pop superstars that have had just as great, if not better on all fronts of a pop career. I don't really get the point of being stuck on minute missteps. Big missteps are okay to analyze  because you can't have the highs without the lows but most of the shit the hive complain about these days is high-key petty lol.

well I mean this is a music discussion forum, we're not here just to talk about the positives because that's not the whole story. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.