Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Putin approves Russian-made COVID-19 vaccine for use

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said a locally developed vaccine for Covid-19 has been given regulatory approval after less than two months of testing on humans.

Mr Putin said the vaccine had passed all the required checks, adding that his daughter had already been given it.

Officials have said they plan to start mass vaccination in October.

Experts have raised concerns about the speed of Russia's work, suggesting that researchers might be cutting corners.

Amid fears that safety could have been compromised, the World Health Organization (WHO) urged Russia last week to follow international guidelines for producing a vaccine against Covid-19.

On Tuesday, the WHO said it had been in talks with Russian authorities about undertaking a review of the vaccine.

Currently, the Russian vaccine is not among the WHO's list of six vaccines that have reached phase three clinical trials, which involve more widespread testing in humans.

Full article: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53735718

1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

Currently, the Russian vaccine is not among the WHO's list of six vaccines that have reached phase three clinical trials, which involve more widespread testing in humans.

Seems like they just skimmed through the process to be the first ones? 

But, at this point I'd take anything.

672455947980898315.png?v=1

However, 6 vaccines being in the last phase of development before approval gives me hope nicki4

22 minutes ago, Ariana said:

They didn't undergo complete clinical trial ajay1

So whoever gets it would be called a "lab rat" ajay1

But then again, I won't believe it til I see someone gets recovered by this "vaccine" ajay1

A vaccine is used to prevent getting whatever virus it's for mad5

It (usually) injects the person with dead virus cells for your immune system to attack that to get used to the virus cells upon the event you are exposed to alive virus cells

3 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

He said that his daughter took it and she has 38C fever the first day and 37C the second day, but that was all nicki5

2 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

A vaccine is used to prevent getting whatever virus it's for mad5

It (usually) injects the person with dead virus cells for your immune system to attack that to get used to the virus cells upon the event you are exposed to alive virus cells

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.