Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Cardi B's 'WAP' receives many negative reactions

Notice how literally all of these people are either men and/or MAGA stans?
You know, the same exact group of people that voted a sexual predator who bragged about grabbing "women by the pussy" into the white house?
Just say you hate women and go.

Ij7ADZn.gif

Young girls shouldn't be watching this anyways. It's not the artist's responsibility to police what children view, that's the job of their parents. Stop slutshaming and hating these women because you guys are shitty parents. Also why is it that it's always men who feel the need to comment on female sexuality? Can they just fuck off and leave these women alone?

Notice how it's mostly men speaking. 

A lot of parents are concerned for their daughters having a bad example but they're not concerned when male rappers turn their daughters into future objects. 

And can people please stop saying that sexual songs will turn their daughters into whores or that it sets a bad example? Everybody's personality and situation is different. A lot of girls have been surrounded by sexual entertainment but they didn't turn out "whores"  or whatever. 

What songs like these do is take back the word whore and appropriate it like women did for bitch. It teaches to be more accepting of sex workers bcuz if women aren't hurt or ashamed of being called whores then they will totally control a part of the working sector that men created and support. So it's a win ari3

It's actually fascinating how scared people are of women's sexuality.

52 minutes ago, BabyMario44 said:

WAP is a bad song. FIGHT ME

The thread has nothing to do with the quality of the song. Its about how society slut-shames women for owning their sexually, but never talk when men use female sexuality in their videos/lyrics to gain attention.

Ij7ADZn.gif

12 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Notice how it's mostly men speaking. 

A lot of parents are concerned for their daughters having a bad example but they're not concerned when male rappers turn their daughters into future objects. 

And can people please stop saying that sexual songs will turn their daughters into whores or that it sets a bad example? Everybody's personality and situation is different. A lot of girls have been surrounded by sexual entertainment but they didn't turn out "whores"  or whatever. 

What songs like these do is take back the word whore and appropriate it like women did for bitch. It teaches to be more accepting of sex workers bcuz if women aren't hurt or ashamed of being called whores then they will totally control a part of the working sector that men created and support. So it's a win ari3

It's actually fascinating how scared people are of women's sexuality.

None of them talked when Jason Derulo "Swallaw" was topping the charts few years ago. It gives a better message for their daughters i guess.

Ij7ADZn.gif

They all look like idiots. I don’t usually like Cardi’s music but the song and the lyricism is fire. Cardi and Megan look amazing in the video, I’d love to hear these people’s opinions of men just objectifying women in videos and songs non-stop. I bet they are mute. Can’t handle women being strong and sexually confident 

Ij7ADZn.gif

So when men degrade women in their boring rap songs it's okay but when women are feeling themselves and being SEXY AF in a music video it's not? This is 2020 people, WAKE THE FUCK UP clap1 

8 hours ago, Snow said:

Notice how literally all of these people are either men and/or MAGA stans?
You know, the same exact group of people that voted a sexual predator who bragged about grabbing "women by the pussy" into the white house?
Just say you hate women and go.

Ij7ADZn.gif

Yeah... This argument doesn't hold up when Cardi herself has confirmed drugged and robbed men, as well as allegedly raped them, and had her guards beat up a couple of women for sumn her man did. You can't argue sexism against an artist that doesn't care about people.

Ij7ADZn.gif

12 minutes ago, Venom said:

Yeah... This argument doesn't hold up when Cardi herself has confirmed drugged and robbed men, as well as allegedly raped them, and had her guards beat up a couple of women for sumn her man did. You can't argue sexism against an artist that doesn't care about people.

Ij7ADZn.gif

Yes I can.
Her actions, which I obviously don't approve of, have absolutely nothing to do with her femininity and her ability to express her sexuality in a song. Everything you mentioned has nothing to do with the topic. Sexism isn't about whether or not someone is a good person.

Ij7ADZn.gif

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Yes I can.
Her actions, which I obviously don't approve of, have absolutely nothing to do with her femininity and her ability to express her sexuality in a song. Everything you mentioned has nothing to do with the topic. Sexism isn't about whether or not someone is a good person.

Ij7ADZn.gif

period and the audacity when he’s a melanie martinez stan

Ij7ADZn.gif

I'm an Obsessed Cardi Hater through and through but...damn I'm gonna be siding with her on this one. First of all it's nobody's business (especially a man's) what Cardi or Meg choose to do with their music. Second of all the song is no worse than anything male artists put out..god forbid a woman own her sexuality rather than waiting for a man to do it for her. Thirdly, if you're letting a young and impressionable child listen to the song or watch the video then the problem is your bad parenting, not the content they're consuming. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.