Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Mariah Carey ft. Lauryn Hill | Save The Day | 21st August 2020

6 minutes ago, Strobo said:

cry7

If the rumors are true and this is the Lauryn Hill duet I will lose my whole god damn mind

Is it not a charity song she done around 2012? It could be a different song of the same name, or a different version. 

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Is it not a charity song she done around 2012? It could be a different song of the same name, or a different version. 

From what she said on GMA that would make sense but everyone keeps saying it's with Lauryn???

I'm perched for the song regardless, I'm just happy to hear new music (to us anyways) from her!

2 hours ago, Strobo said:

cry7

If the rumors are true and this is the Lauryn Hill duet I will lose my whole god damn mind

I saw somewhere that she was apparently "just" sampling Killing Me Softly instead of actually singing a *new* duet with Lauryn, but I'm perched either way omg. oprah15

10 hours ago, Royale said:

I saw somewhere that she was apparently "just" sampling Killing Me Softly instead of actually singing a *new* duet with Lauryn, but I'm perched either way omg. oprah15

Even the  Billboard are saying it's a collaboration with Lauryn Hill, so it must be true. gaga13

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9436524/mariah-carey-rarities-collection-lauryn-hill-collaboration

Lyrics (allegedly): 

"Save The Day"

Forty days and forty dreams
Darkened visions, incline the reason
Philosophy cannot soothe your soul
But in the mirror the truth will be known
I will show you your fears
Just look in the mirror
You can conquer your fears
Look in deep
See unobtrusive, through the lies
No longer afraid, afraid to die

Standing alone
And on the day after
All hell breaks loose
The battle will be fought
With stick and stone
The beast has our backs
Against the wall
And the power to devour
One and all

Save The Day
Save The Day
Save The Day

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mariahcarey/savetheday.html

1 hour ago, Royale said:

The way I don't believe this is true rip2 

It could be but it doesn't seem her writing style, there's no mention of flying away like a butterfly. gaga3

On 8/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, Billie Frank said:

It has to be done. We can't end up like the Kesha section. brit13

Us Lambs are eternally grateful sis cry7

OT: I’m glad you made it clear to me that it’s an actual duet with Ms. Lauryn Hill that’s going to be released. For some reason I kept thinking she was just repeating “Save The Day” so she can get all our coins in October moo1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.