Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Do you like "Smile"?

Do you like Smile?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I've not listened to the album yet so i'll come back and answer once i have, however the verses of "What Makes A Woman" specifically the first verse remind me of "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. 

It’s as half-baked as a Rita Ora album, Lotus, Double Dutchess, Britney Jean and MDNA.

The songs aren’t THAT bad but they all sound like fillers. No true standouts and it’s just...THERE. The visual concept doesn’t match the obvious “floral” theme that is very apparent on the tracks.

I like a few songs, Cry about it later, Champagne Problem, What Makes a woman. 

But the songwriting is horrendous. She used to write good lyrics like The One That Got Away and Unconditionally. The production is also bland, it used to be good like in Roar and Dark Horse. 

This is her Lotus era, and it's not just in terms of flopping. 

I really love it. It's not perfect, it could've been much better in places, but it hit the right notes with me and has what I was missing from her on Witness. Tbh, it's turned me back into a full time stan. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.