Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Is Smile the new Britney Jean?

Smile is a Joke

Because Katy is a Clown

Can she do anything else?

Katy is stuck in the first half of the 2010s. 

I can't at people thinking Katy delivered goods. It is good, if your taste is basic af.  ajay1 

We used to call Gaga the new Cyndi Lauper, but it was Katy all the time. At least Cyndi realized her heydays were over and was reinventing herself and didn't chase hits.

Katy keeps delivering goofy visuals and goofy pop songs. It doesn't work anymore! What isn't clicking, sis? oprah12 

She keeps sabotaging herself. 

tenor.gif

21 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

she reminds me of Paula Abdul rip4 

don't ever compare Katy with Paula. Paula is a professionally trained dancer and a choreographer, and a true performer. Katy is not!

also Forever Your Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katy's whole career

Paula has many bops

Just now, BabyMario44 said:

don't ever compare Katy with Paula. Paula is a professionally trained dancer and a choreographer, and a true performer. Katy is not!

also Forever Your Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katy's whole career

Paula has many bops

I said career such as Charting and Popularity not Talent rip4 

2 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

We used to call Gaga the new Cyndi Lauper, but it was Katy all the time. At least Cyndi realized her heydays were over and was reinventing herself and didn't chase hits.

She ain't Cyndi, either, obviously Katy is like… Pat Benatar or something 

It's her Lotus. A lot of songs can be bops, but the production really fell short, examples are NRO and Smile. 

Dressing up as a BDay party clown for visuals didn't help her case either dead2 But I think she felt the need to return to that visual after Harleys in Hawaii flopped, she should have stuck with that grown-up visual.

Smile ain't even bad wtf

It's just a solid pop album, nothing amazing, nothing bad. It does everything it's supposed to do. Katy returning to music on her terms, doing what she does best.

Anyone who was looking for something groundbreaking and spectacular is reaching. It's disingenuous to call it a bad album just because you were expecting something Katy didn't even hint at trying to do.

15 hours ago, STJ said:

It's her Lotus. A lot of songs can be bops, but the production really fell short, examples are NRO and Smile. 

Dressing up as a BDay party clown for visuals didn't help her case either dead2 But I think she felt the need to return to that visual after Harleys in Hawaii flopped, she should have stuck with that grown-up visual.

I loveddddd the NRO visuals and theme too and they just gave it all up after the single “underperformed” - the Small talk visuals were an off note but Harleys was perfect - can’t believe she watered herself down with the Cloen stuff again

Smile is an amazing album. I cant say any of them are bad songs. The videos she has followed with as well have all been great. What is NOT GREAT is the cover/theme if her being a clown that doesn’t make sense and isn’t attractive or captivating to the GP because she looks “uncool”. Seriously though I am very happy with this era despite it flopping for filth. bey3nicki6

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.