Ellie Goulding could release "a few clever collaborations" later this year, say her record label

ellie-goulding-brightest-blue-1100.jpg?w

Ellie Goulding may have just celebrated a Number 1 album, but that's not to say she won't be releasing more new music this year.

The singer and her record label spoke to Music Week about her musical plans for rest of the year, and it looks like some new collaborations are in the works.

"Ellie is constantly writing and has constantly got other things up her sleeve," said Lucy Dann, marketing director at Ellie's label Polydor. "I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few clever collaborations coming later in the year.

These collaborations could perhaps be new versions of songs from Ellie's fourth album Brightest Blue - which became her third album to top the Official Albums Chart in July - because the label will work the album for the rest of the year as "there is a hell of a lot of legs still left in it" and "a lot of discovery to happen."

Ellie herself echoed Mann's statement, explaining she is already heading back into the studio, and won't be waiting another five years in between albums.

"It won't be five years!" she told the publication. "I will continue to release music because I can, because it is possible and because I don't see why not. I will keep making music until I can't anymore. I am lucky enough to have a job that I love so much."

Brightest Blue includes collaborations with Lauv, Diplo, Juice Wrld, Blackbear and Swae Lee, all of which are sectioned into the second part of the album as a pseudo EP following the main album.

Ellie Goulding has scored three Number 1 albums, a trio of chart-topping singles and 23 Top 40 hits to date.

Official Charts Company

Clever? What does that even mean? bebe1

I swear to god. If she ruins Bleach, BB, or any other track from the album by adding some no1curr rapper... I'll be the first to campaign for the deletion of this section.

2 minutes ago, Max said:

I swear to god. If she ruins Bleach, BB, or any other track from the album by adding some no1curr rapper... I'll be the first to campaign for the deletion of this section.

Then be thankful she is NOT on Syco (which is now defunct).

1 hour ago, Max said:

As in collabs that could save her career probably bebe1

Unpopular opinion but she sounds really good on EDM features she should collaborate with Kygo or Calvin again 

9 minutes ago, Snow said:

As in collabs that could save her career probably bebe1

I guess we'll see. bebe1

13 minutes ago, Mandy Candy said:

Unpopular opinion but she sounds really good on EDM features she should collaborate with Kygo or Calvin again 

I agree! This is what I've been saying actually. 

Not Kygo though. Literally all his songs sound the same laughcry1 but Calvin is great! She should snatch a collab with either him, Zedd, Marshmello or maybe even Major Lazer. 

On 9/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, Snow said:

I agree! This is what I've been saying actually. 

Not Kygo though. Literally all his songs sound the same laughcry1 but Calvin is great! She should snatch a collab with either him, Zedd, Marshmello or maybe even Major Lazer. 

Has she collabed with David Guetta yet?

5 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Has she collabed with David Guetta yet?

no she haven't and I rather not she collab with him

She could do Röyksopp ala Robyn did with Do It Again cry5