Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Smile debuts at #5 on Billboard 200

16 hours ago, Ex said:

This is what happens when you don't reinvent yourself 

And the Smile album cover/music video concept... It's like girl, we get it, you're colorful and Disney-like

Now let's see something different and more mature

She refuses to transform and this is the payoff

But is that true though? She did something different with Witness and it didn't work out - granted the product was not good. Not sure if people didn't like the sound or thought the music was bad, but people weren't here for it. 

I think there are several factors at play to her underperformance. I don't think the GP mind the same sound but I think it's a combination of the positive colorful nature of Smile is tone deaf given the fact the world is on fire and the album is not very good. I think the theme of the album would have worked for her post COVID. I think Gaga and Dua are the only upbeat dance artists thriving right now because Gaga's album is emotional with depth and Dua's sound is fresh and helping set the disco revival trend. Honestly I think Katy could have done well with FN sound (in early 2020) but too late now. 

If she were to evolve or "mature" her sound - I think she could slay on AC radio with a Daisies type sound. She needs to embrace the role of stepping into P!nk's shoes and becoming the ultimate Mom minivan pop star. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.