Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

Monsters, Inc. Appreciation Thread

71cVFcSl-1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows that Monsters, Inc. is my favorite movie of all time. 

It was the first movie that my parents ever took me to see and also the first they ever bought me on DVD. From the time I was 2 to the time I was 4, I deadass watched the movie twice a day: once in the morning and once before bed. When I was little I used to leave my toys out in case Mike and Sulley came from my closet to come visit. I have a Mike and Sulley pillow that I sleep with to this very day. And honestly on a more serious note...it was just a movie that's been there for me through some of the hardest times of my life. It's hard to explain but whenever I feel down or defeated, this movie just makes me smile. The simple but beautiful messages of acceptance, never judging a book by it's cover, and the ability of love to power over anything is just beautiful. 

A fun fact about the movie that just makes me love it even more is that there are many LGBTQ+ organizations that use this movie to help people who are struggling to come out because of the message to not be afraid of what's in the closet.

I could go on about this movie for hours but I'd love to open it up to you all! Have you seen the movie? What'd you think? I'd love to talk about it with everyone! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.