Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Amanda Laura

Hopes for Re-Recordings

So we all know Taylor is about to start re-recording her old releases and I for one cannot tell you how excited I am to hear her old songs with her more mature refined voice! 

I thought it might be kind of fun to say what our hopes and wishes are for these new recordings ! 

Taylor Swift- A more mature sounding version of some of her old hits like Our Song. 

Fearless- A more pop version of Love Story and and updated versions of Forever and Always, The Best Day and *fingers crossed*the Other Side of the Door 

Speak Now- A more orchestral version of Back To December would be absolutely amazing ! Enchanted with her more mature vocals I can’t wait to see if she can top the original which remains one of my favourite songs in the whole world. 

Red- The full version of All Too Well, a more rock version of I Knew You Were Trouble like she did on tour 

1989- I can’t imagine she will change these songs too much as they are still quite recent but I think she may alter Bad Blood to reflect her mended fences with Katy Perry. Perhaps she will had some features . 

I hope she doesn’t add too many features to update the songs I would prefer her non collab songs to remain that way. 

I think she's probably gonna try to remix most if not all of the songs. We all know Taylor's a really hard worker and an overachiever, so she would never be satisfied with just recording the songs the way they are. There will be changes, for better or worse. 

Some thoughts/expectations:

• Debut - Update the sound to be more like the songs in Red. Still country, but with more pop elements & mature. 
  • Speak Now - Get Jack Antonoff on board and rework it to give it more Pop elements, ala 1989. 
  • Red - Take the rock elements from State of Grace & Holy Ground and apply it to the other tracks. Maybe give some songs a darker feel?
  • 1989 - I guess update the pop sound to be more current? Kinda hard to mess with it honestly. I hope she doesn't ruin Style & Wildest Dreams. 
  • Reputation - Also recent so it's hard, but I guess give it more bass? It's my favorite album but some tracks I feel like she didn't go as hard as she could've. Hope she fixes ...RFI? too and give it a proper breakdown chorus.

I think she'll probably try to merge a lot of the less popular songs together, also maybe replace Kendrick's feature on Bad Blood with Katy, that'd be nice to see. She'll probably also try to throw in new collabs here and there. I know Taylor & Selena have talked about a possibility of a collab for a long time now for example, so maybe that could finally happen.

She knows that we love these albums the way they are though, so I don't think she'll change them so much that they'll sound like completely different songs. 

9 minutes ago, Snow said:

I think she's probably gonna try to remix most if not all of the songs. We all know Taylor's a really hard worker and an overachiever, so she would never be satisfied with just recording the songs the way they are. There will be changes, for better or worse. 

Some thoughts/expectations:

• Debut - Update the sound to be more like the songs in Red. Still country, but with more pop elements & mature. 
  • Speak Now - Get Jack Antonoff on board and rework it to give it more Pop elements, ala 1989. 
  • Red - Take the rock elements from State of Grace & Holy Ground and apply it to the other tracks. Maybe give some songs a darker feel?
  • 1989 - I guess update the pop sound to be more current? Kinda hard to mess with it honestly. I hope she doesn't ruin Style & Wildest Dreams. 
  • Reputation - Also recent so it's hard, but I guess give it more bass? It's my favorite album but some tracks I feel like she didn't go as hard as she could've. Hope she fixes ...RFI? too and give it a proper breakdown chorus.

I think she'll probably try to merge a lot of the less popular songs together, also maybe replace Kendrick's feature on Bad Blood with Katy, that'd be nice to see. She'll probably also try to throw in new collabs here and there. I know Taylor & Selena have talked about a possibility of a collab for a long time now for example, so maybe that could finally happen.

She knows that we love these albums the way they are though, so I don't think she'll change them so much that they'll sound like completely different songs. 

I would love to see Jack Antanoff try and rework some of her older songs to sound more “pop” that would be a dream ! I agree about the Ready For It fix but I don’t think Reputation is eligible to be re recorded for a another few years which is fine it doesn’t need much tweaking neither does 1989 

I’d want the first two albums to contain more pop-rock elements, but I’m mostly looking forward to better vocals on those songs since her voice is much stronger now. I’d really like to hear new lyrics for Innocent in particular.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, Snow said:

1989 - I guess update the pop sound to be more current? Kinda hard to mess with it honestly. I hope she doesn't ruin Style & Wildest Dreams

omg if she rerecords her heartbeat for WD and uses that as the base for a new instrumental oprah15 

also you forgot Fearless

reputation is the album that made me a fan [and depressed] and its the most I connect with emotionally. I parallel it to a relationship of mine 5 yrs back  [ironically hes a Tay fan; hes from Nashville]

I would love it to be similar to her stadium tour, and have a even darker, grittier, rock sound.

imagine drums and a electric guitar solo on Dont Blame Me bey3

or violins on New Years ..... or a church choir in Dancing w Hands Tied oprah15

For '89 more instrumental details would be cool, kind of what she did with folklore and the little twangs and trinkets of random sounds you hear in the background 

unfortunately I dont know anything before RED, but her mature voice on those older songs would be welcoming to her fans 

i want her to do the bonus tracks too cry0 

22 hours ago, TRENCH said:

reputation is the album that made me a fan [and depressed] and its the most I connect with emotionally. I parallel it to a relationship of mine 5 yrs back  [ironically hes a Tay fan; hes from Nashville]

I would love it to be similar to her stadium tour, and have a even darker, grittier, rock sound.

imagine drums and a electric guitar solo on Dont Blame Me bey3

or violins on New Years ..... or a church choir in Dancing w Hands Tied oprah15

i would LOVE a dark grungy rock sound for rep bey6 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

somebody on Discogs said that there are rumours of her re recording I'd Lie for debut cry0 

I adore this song I reallY hope this rumour is true ! If it is you just made my day so thank you friend 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.