Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

blaze

Is Chartmaster.org a reliable source?

https://chartmasters.org/

I know they track sales for a lot of popular artists, pretty much all our faves are there, but is it a reliable and accurate source? It feels like he just puts random numbers up there sometimes and even says his information is more accurate then official organizations' numbers like RIAA certifications and IFPI data.  

I know on Janet's page, is says her highest selling albums are Control, Rhythm Nation 1814, and janet. which according to him have sold 9, 10, and 12 million respectively. But on her website it says those same albums all sold over 14 million copies, with janet even reaching 20 million+ worldwide. I know some Janet stan tweeted saying RIAA needs to recertify RN1814 and janet. as they should both be eligible for diamond certification and RIAA liked the tweet. Makes me wonder if he just puts lower numbers for artists he doesn't like and raises them for artists he does just because he can.

I personally don't take it seriously as it just feels like a place stans can use when the numbers are in their favorTold You So Shrug GIF

But from what you all can tell, is it a truly accurate and reliable source or just him writing random numbers for fun?

12 hours ago, blaze said:

which according to him have sold 9, 10, and 12 million respectively. But on her website it says those same albums all sold over 14 million copies

Idk if the website is reliable, but artists usually go for their reported sales, as opposed to the confirmed sales, since it's usually higher and more impressive. So, those albums may have sold 14 million, but 9-12 million is also possible

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.