Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Russian Roulette

Lana thinks she's an underdog, info on the album + a few album tracks

“I’m not the kind of artist who’s ever going to get justified,” Del Rey told Antonoff. “I will die an underdog and that’s cool with me.” The comments came as part of a longer rambling about how Del Rey “was always right” about, well, everything. “I subscribe to the idea that what’s going on in the macrocosm, whether it be in the presidency or a virus that keeps us isolated, is a reflection of what’s going on in the individual home and inside bedrooms and what people intimately talk about,” 

some tea on the album:

“It was like, ‘Is this new folk? Oh, god, are we going country?’” As for tracks, she said she thought “White Dress/Waitress,” which Del Rey and Antonoff recorded at Jim Henson’s studio, would be “a defining moment.” Another song, “Dealer,” which may or may not have been added to the track list, features Del Rey “just screaming my head off.” “People don’t know what it sounds like when I yell,” she said. “And I do yell.” 

full article

As a stan, I'm gonna say this after reading the whole interview: I am so tired of hearing her waxing philosophical on what it means to be "delicate" and "feminine" and stroking her own ego with these hollow dissertations on what it "means" to be this or that. This whole interview honestly just strikes me as her and Jack, well, jacking each other off  💀 she's usually not very self-aware but it's particularly jarring in this interview tbh

like what does this whole spiel even mean:

DEL REY: I subscribe to the idea that what’s going on in the macrocosm, whether it be in the presidency or a virus that keeps us isolated, is a reflection of what’s going on in the individual home and inside bedrooms and what people intimately talk about. I think there’s been existential panic for a long time, but people haven’t been paying attention to it because they’ve been too busy buying shoes. And shoes are cute. I love shoes. But now that you can’t go shopping, you have to look at your partner and be like, “I’ve lived with you for 20 years, but do I even know you?” You realize maybe you’ve only ever allowed yourself to scratch the surface of yourself because if you went any deeper, you might have a mild meltdown for no reason, just out of the blue, and no amount of talking could explain why. It’s just a part of your genetic makeup. You could just be prone to panic. I think a lot of people are that way. I got a lot of shit for not only talking about it, but talking about lots of other things for a super long time. I don’t feel justified in it, because I’m not the kind of artist who’s ever going to get justified. I will die an underdog and that’s cool with me. But I was right to ask, “Why are we here? Where did we come from? What are we doing? What happens if this insane, crazy, sci-fi crisis happens, and then you’re stuck with yourself, and you’re stuck with your partner who doesn’t pay attention to you?” I’m not saying it’s more relevant than ever, but my concern for myself, the country, the world— I knew we weren’t prepared for something like this, mentally. I also think it’s a really good thing that we’ve gotten to this point where we have to bump up against ourselves, because it’s not going to be the same when the Beverly Center reopens.

girl I- dead4 I wish she spent more time discussing her creative process like she did at the start of the interview! that at least had real substance lmao

How does she still think she's underrated when you literally were called one of America's "greatest living songwriters" dead2  You were nominated for AOTY,  literally praised to the high heavens for NFR! and she still wants more. Annoying, ngl.

2 hours ago, Merryem said:

she's becoming increasingly insufferable which is becoming increasingly hard to separate from her music dead2 i guess i'll see when COCC comes out though

Omg COCC sounds so sexy as an acronym dead2 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.