Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

'Game of Thrones' star Dianna Rigg, dies aged 82

Olenna_GOTep7a_3317784b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

Her daughter, actress Rachael Stirling, said she died of cancer, after being diagnosed in March.

"She spent her last months joyfully reflecting on her extraordinary life, full of love, laughter and a deep pride in her profession," she added.

Stirling went on to say: "My Beloved Ma died peacefully in her sleep early this morning, at home, surrounded by family. I will miss her beyond words."

Sir Tom Stoppard added: "For half her life Diana was the most beautiful woman in the room, but she was what used to be called a Trouper. She went to work with her sleeves rolled up and a smile for everyone. Her talent was luminous."

x

She was so fire in Game of Thrones. I hear she didn't even watch the episodes she was in (or any other) ny4 A queen onscreen and off. What an incredible, wonderful career.

She played Mrs. Danvers in a TV version of Rebecca. (Also starring Charles Dance). I'd highly recommend it if people wanted to watch more of her performances! Definitely the best Mrs. Danvers I've seen. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.