The Boys is an American superhero web television series developed by Eric Kripke for Prime Video. Based on the comic book of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, it follows the eponymous team of vigilantes as they combat superpowered individuals who abuse their abilities.

The series premiered on July 26, 2019. Ahead of the premiere, Amazon renewed The Boys for a second season, which premiered on September 4, 2020 and is running episodes weekly. A third season has also been ordered.

The-Boys-season-2.jpg

46 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

plot-wise idk but what i know for sure is that we'll remain disappointed in the weekly releases format! bebe1

I'll say this for it - at least now we can discuss it, as opposed to if it was all at once we'd maybe be like "yea that was good!" for five posts and that'd be it bebe1 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'll say this for it - at least now we can discuss it, as opposed to if it was all at once we'd maybe be like "yea that was good!" for five posts and that'd be it bebe1 

that's the one good thing about it, but it's so blatantly obvious that the show isn't written for this release format so i really can't understand why the producers would go for it, especially after all the backlash it's got from everyone bebe1

40 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

that's the one good thing about it, but it's so blatantly obvious that the show isn't written for this release format so i really can't understand why the producers would go for it, especially after all the backlash it's got from everyone bebe1

Yea, I was kinda surprised to hear the producers persuaded Amazon into it, I don't mind the release schedule but I would've assumed the reasoning was that Amazon wanted to snare more subscribers so interested people wouldn't do just the one month subscription bebe1 I guess we'll see as more episodes come out, there's been just one since the initial three.

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Do you think she'll get her revenge on you-know-who this season or that'll come later? bebe1 

i'd like to see it drawn out a bit more bebe1 hoping s2 is the build up of Stormfront and her "soldiers" and s3 is the showdown bebe1 

13 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

i'd like to see it drawn out a bit more bebe1 hoping s2 is the build up of Stormfront and her "soldiers" and s3 is the showdown bebe1 

Oh, this actually brings me to a theory I have bebe1 Lamplighter is due to appear in person this season, so here's my guess on how he comes back into the story after burning Mallory's grandchildren and being retired - you remember when that producer/screenwriter was pitching that Dawn of the Seven movie? They talk about how to handle Translucent since he's dead and it's an "origin" film, so I'm thinking he returns to either shoot the movie or at least enters in talks to do so bebe1 

16 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I WAS RIGHT rose1 

Your mind bebe1 

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh, this actually brings me to a theory I have bebe1 Lamplighter is due to appear in person this season, so here's my guess on how he comes back into the story after burning Mallory's grandchildren and being retired - you remember when that producer/screenwriter was pitching that Dawn of the Seven movie? They talk about how to handle Translucent since he's dead and it's an "origin" film, so I'm thinking he returns to either shoot the movie or at least enters in talks to do so bebe1 

Your mind bebe1 

omg i completely forgot that we were still getting new characters this season bebe1 also me completely forgetting everything about him i- bebe1 the way i thought you spoiled it for me so i looked it up and it was all said before about him being retired/killing the grandkids ajfpidojads bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

omg i completely forgot that we were still getting new characters this season bebe1 also me completely forgetting everything about him i- bebe1 the way i thought you spoiled it for me so i looked it up and it was all said before about him being retired/killing the grandkids ajfpidojads bebe1 

Oh yeah, I think they talk about him in the very first episode since he's who Starlight is replacing and then a few episodes later when Mother's Milk blames Frenchie for what happened bebe1 He's being played by the same person who was Iceman in the X-Men films which I guess has to be an allusion if they're casting him as a character with fire powers bebe1