8 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

@Dennis Reynolds i just watched both eps and i take back everything negative i've been saying about the show... i'm snatched jodie4

Oh c'mon there he is! jodie4 

Spoiler

I still can't believe Neuman being the culprit never occurred to me, I guess it really just is because I thought of her as only a stand-in for AOC rip2 

Loved Queen Maeve's heroic turn in the finale. Also I guess these leaves the Seven as the Five for next season (I doubt Black Noir will still be incapacitated), not that the Deep was ever really in this year. Wonder what kind of characters will be joining if any, now that I think about it it's really only the first two episodes where they're a full team, which is likely the joke jodie4 

18 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh c'mon there he is! jodie4 

Hide contents

I still can't believe Neuman being the culprit never occurred to me, I guess it really just is because I thought of her as only a stand-in for AOC rip2 

Loved Queen Maeve's heroic turn in the finale. Also I guess these leaves the Seven as the Five for next season (I doubt Black Noir will still be incapacitated), not that the Deep was ever really in this year. Wonder what kind of characters will be joining if any, now that I think about it it's really only the first two episodes where they're a full team, which is likely the joke jodie4 

i'm shaking oh yes jodie4

Spoiler

IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME EITHER rip2 i was convinced it was Cindy bc she appeared at the end of that ep and didn't do anything else? like it was definitely sus but her having nothing else to do felt really strange to me rip4

Maeve finally getting to do something... it was about time! i loved seeing all the women team up against Stormfront that was a really satisfying moment! also love that Ryan also hurt Becca while lashing out bc i was fearing they'd go the unrealistic route and leave her intact jodie4 the way i thought the Church were gonna be next season's plot until the end happened... i assume it's gonna be about Neuman's campaign and what her real objective is jodie4

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i'm shaking oh yes jodie4

Hide contents

IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME EITHER rip2 i was convinced it was Cindy bc she appeared at the end of that ep and didn't do anything else? like it was definitely sus but her having nothing else to do felt really strange to me rip4

Maeve finally getting to do something... it was about time! i loved seeing all the women team up against Stormfront that was a really satisfying moment! also love that Ryan also hurt Becca while lashing out bc i was fearing they'd go the unrealistic route and leave her intact jodie4 the way i thought the Church were gonna be next season's plot until the end happened... i assume it's gonna be about Neuman's campaign and what her real objective is jodie4

Spoiler

I'm sure Cindy will pop up early next season but I think she was mostly supposed to be a red herring like I said earlier, her power seems a lot less fine tuned than Neuman's was in that one episode. I guess the reason Vought had the supe facility was just to perfect Compound V for public consumption regardless of age? Although it wouldn't have been ready by the time it would've went through had Stormfront not been exposed, so maybe there's yet another reason.

So do you think the Church is totally out of the picture now? I guess they could keep the Deep in there since the leader was the only person he blew up at so they could have him stay there, but maybe that storyline is basically done jodie4 

I also don't think they're going to have Homelander ever go the public villain route until the final season whatever year that is, but I wonder what they'll have him do next year. He is quite clearly barely keeping himself from just going nuts entirely now that he's lost his lover and his son, not to mention Maeve and Starlight refusing to take his shit jodie4 And on that, I thought it was kinda funny that they chose to show that even he of all characters was a bit uncomfortable with Stormfront telling Ryan about white genocide rip2 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

I'm sure Cindy will pop up early next season but I think she was mostly supposed to be a red herring like I said earlier, her power seems a lot less fine tuned than Neuman's was in that one episode. I guess the reason Vought had the supe facility was just to perfect Compound V for public consumption regardless of age? Although it wouldn't have been ready by the time it would've went through had Stormfront not been exposed, so maybe there's yet another reason.

So do you think the Church is totally out of the picture now? I guess they could keep the Deep in there since the leader was the only person he blew up at so they could have him stay there, but maybe that storyline is basically done jodie4 

I also don't think they're going to have Homelander ever go the public villain route until the final season whatever year that is, but I wonder what they'll have him do next year. He is quite clearly barely keeping himself from just going nuts entirely now that he's lost his lover and his son, not to mention Maeve and Starlight refusing to take his shit jodie4 And on that, I thought it was kinda funny that they chose to show that even he of all characters was a bit uncomfortable with Stormfront telling Ryan about white genocide rip2 

Spoiler

yeah i really doubt they'd show her leaving the facility just to never speak of her again, and you're right! in hindsight it makes sense for her powers to be really uncontrolled bc she was being experimented on, which is something i should've thought of before convincing myself she was the one blowing heads up jodie4 and yes i think they mentioned that? at least Lamplighter said the facility was to perfect Compound V to the point where you could administer it and you'd have a supe immediately

i mean their leader is gone, but considering him saying he's got some real shit behind some other supes maybe that would come into play? perhaps Deep stumbling upon that information bc he really has to do something now jodie4

i agree! i think what they showcased here with Homelander is that he simply wants to be loved, be it by the public, his son, or a lover, and he's always in a constant fight in whether to sacrifice that or not, like with Maeve's threat... he'll definitely be a mess inside, you could see it in his eyes when delivering that speech at the end of the show, so it'll be interesting to see if he lets himself snap and sacrifice everything he's worked for or not, because if that video Maeve has leaked, he'd really be over to the point where he probably wouldn't even be able to leave his home without getting dragged by people jodie4 i think his reaction to "white genocide" was a really cool thing to make you remember that he might be a piece of shit but he's still human and not completely evil... he might do terrible things but they're never out of bigotry rip4

17 hours ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

yeah i really doubt they'd show her leaving the facility just to never speak of her again, and you're right! in hindsight it makes sense for her powers to be really uncontrolled bc she was being experimented on, which is something i should've thought of before convincing myself she was the one blowing heads up jodie4 and yes i think they mentioned that? at least Lamplighter said the facility was to perfect Compound V to the point where you could administer it and you'd have a supe immediately

i mean their leader is gone, but considering him saying he's got some real shit behind some other supes maybe that would come into play? perhaps Deep stumbling upon that information bc he really has to do something now jodie4

i agree! i think what they showcased here with Homelander is that he simply wants to be loved, be it by the public, his son, or a lover, and he's always in a constant fight in whether to sacrifice that or not, like with Maeve's threat... he'll definitely be a mess inside, you could see it in his eyes when delivering that speech at the end of the show, so it'll be interesting to see if he lets himself snap and sacrifice everything he's worked for or not, because if that video Maeve has leaked, he'd really be over to the point where he probably wouldn't even be able to leave his home without getting dragged by people jodie4 i think his reaction to "white genocide" was a really cool thing to make you remember that he might be a piece of shit but he's still human and not completely evil... he might do terrible things but they're never out of bigotry rip4

Sorry, wanted to respond earlier jodie4 

Spoiler

Yea I think she'll show up for sure, but I doubt her importance honestly, I think she mostly existed just to be the most obvious suspect for the head explosions jodie4 

Maybe, Deep's gotta do something I guess jodie4 And yea to quote my favorite website (other than this one jodie4) TV Tropes, I guess you could call Homelander's problems with what she said there an example of Even Evil Has Standards. Actually looking at that website they suggest it maybe isn't so much that he isn't racist and more just that he recognizes how delusional Stormfront is for believing in something like white genocide, which is also valid jodie4 

So do you think Neuman is working for Edgar or not? It's implied by what's said about Vought in the phone call, but not written in stone.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Sorry, wanted to respond earlier jodie4 

Hide contents

Yea I think she'll show up for sure, but I doubt her importance honestly, I think she mostly existed just to be the most obvious suspect for the head explosions jodie4 

Maybe, Deep's gotta do something I guess jodie4 And yea to quote my favorite website (other than this one jodie4) TV Tropes, I guess you could call Homelander's problems with what she said there an example of Even Evil Has Standards. Actually looking at that website they suggest it maybe isn't so much that he isn't racist and more just that he recognizes how delusional Stormfront is for believing in something like white genocide, which is also valid jodie4 

So do you think Neuman is working for Edgar or not? It's implied by what's said about Vought in the phone call, but not written in stone.

don't worry legend... the way i just logged on to see the notification appear jodie4

we have plenty of time to discuss before we get another season at this point anyways jodie4

Spoiler

i think Deep could have a villain story coming up, he's for sure never gonna be back in the Seven with Starlight in there so all the anger and shit he's been through could translate in him just going full of supervillain... that would be really fun and give him something to do jodie4 unless for some reason he does return to the Seven since they have three open spots currently but i'm not sure i'd love him having just the same storyline A-Train gets jodie4

i think for sure Neuman is working with Vought! it would be an incredible play from Edgar's part considering she's the head of supe affairs so ofc if he has control of that then he controls everything... and that's totally something he would do jodie4 plus i really enjoy the irony of Hughie thinking he's working against Vought by joining her when he's doing the exact opposite, it's very on brand for the show jodie4

2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

don't worry legend... the way i just logged on to see the notification appear jodie4

we have plenty of time to discuss before we get another season at this point anyways jodie4

Hide contents

i think Deep could have a villain story coming up, he's for sure never gonna be back in the Seven with Starlight in there so all the anger and shit he's been through could translate in him just going full of supervillain... that would be really fun and give him something to do jodie4 unless for some reason he does return to the Seven since they have three open spots currently but i'm not sure i'd love him having just the same storyline A-Train gets jodie4

i think for sure Neuman is working with Vought! it would be an incredible play from Edgar's part considering she's the head of supe affairs so ofc if he has control of that then he controls everything... and that's totally something he would do jodie4 plus i really enjoy the irony of Hughie thinking he's working against Vought by joining her when he's doing the exact opposite, it's very on brand for the show jodie4

Spoiler

Oh that could be an interesting plot for him actually, I hadn't really thought of that jodie4 I think it's also possible that maybe they'll just never have the Seven be a full team again as a riff on their name. Speaking of their vacant spots I guess one must be going to Soldier Boy being played by Jensen Ackles...another patriotic hero would surely drive Homelander nuts. Even if they already did the jealous thing with Stormfront for an episode, they'd surely commit to them being enemies more here if he is in the Seven. His statue and I think a standee have been seen already, actually jodie4 

intro-1602092386.jpg

vlcsnap_2020_09_05_18h24m14s753_8.png

Yea I agree, it's interesting because she's pretty much the only adult supe who is neither a (former) hero or a test subject, so she's been totally prepared for whatever the grand plan is for some time jodie4 

24 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i'm so glad he looks good omg i had seen another pic from set and it was... not a serve! jodie4

I didn't see that one jodie4 I think most of the supe costumes are pretty garish/loud on this series, which is definitely the intention, but he has one of the cooler looking suits jodie4 Queen Maeve and Black Noir are the other ones that would pass in a more straightforward superhero film.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Hyun. I'm not sure how back you are but have you watched the first three episodes yet? How do you feel about the release schedule this time around? bebe1 

no i haven’t watched yet! i wanna rewatch S1-2 and i haven’t carved out the time for that yet bebe1 i might wait until S3 is fully out so i can binge it bc i prefer watching like that bebe1

you know my issue with S2 was that it didn’t feel written like a weekly release show so i wonder if that changed with this season?

Spoiler

good pick to tag me today bc i’m lurking HT too

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

no i haven’t watched yet! i wanna rewatch S1-2 and i haven’t carved out the time for that yet bebe1 i might wait until S3 is fully out so i can binge it bc i prefer watching like that bebe1

you know my issue with S2 was that it didn’t feel written like a weekly release show so i wonder if that changed with this season?

Reveal hidden contents

It does start off with a little recap of what's important to remember as new seasons like this always do bebe1 As for the writing being in tune with the schedule, it's a little hard to say so far. Obviously don't wanna spoil anything, you'll probably like episode 3 a lot though bebe1 

I don't remember the last time there were this many shows on within the same couple of weeks that I was watching faithfully; there's this, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, The Orville, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ms. Marvel in a few days.... bebe1 Also polished off Stranger Things 4 which I liked the most of any season since the first!

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It does start off with a little recap of what's important to remember as new seasons like this always do bebe1 As for the writing being in tune with the schedule, it's a little hard to say so far. Obviously don't wanna spoil anything, you'll probably like episode 3 a lot though bebe1 

I don't remember the last time there were this many shows on within the same couple of weeks that I was watching faithfully; there's this, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, The Orville, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ms. Marvel in a few days.... bebe1 Also polished off Stranger Things 4 which I liked the most of any season since the first!

i remember S2 having some episodes that didn’t feel right on their own for a week, because they were mostly tu build up to an upcoming episode. and that works amazingly with a full season release bc you can just keep going, but once it’s weekly every episode has to stand on its own, which i hope they do this time around bebe1

oh my god right? it’s really overwhelming and i almost can’t keep track bebe1 i haven’t touched ST yet but i love hearing it’s the best in a while! i don’t like the episode lengths tho but hopefully that won’t be felt when watching bebe1

6 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i remember S2 having some episodes that didn’t feel right on their own for a week, because they were mostly tu build up to an upcoming episode. and that works amazingly with a full season release bc you can just keep going, but once it’s weekly every episode has to stand on its own, which i hope they do this time around bebe1

oh my god right? it’s really overwhelming and i almost can’t keep track bebe1 i haven’t touched ST yet but i love hearing it’s the best in a while! i don’t like the episode lengths tho but hopefully that won’t be felt when watching bebe1

I think I'll have to wait for at least one more episode to make that assertion, but you could possibly feel similarly about this season bebe1 Not sure though, I do feel that a lot of very significant events that are interesting on their own happen in these first three.

I felt the exact same way about the runtimes but when you watch them, or at least when I did, you don't feel the length very much bebe1 Of course, I still felt it in the sense that a binge couldn't be done and it took me until Wednesday just to have the time to get through them all, but I enjoyed it very much and I'm looking forward to the next two episodes in July bebe1 

@Hyun. have you caught up yet? bebe1 I think Herogasm was probably the best episode of the series so far.

still no! bebe1 but i've seen amazing things about Herogasm and the season overall so i'm excited to. i've just gotten suddenly very busy and hate to catch up with so many things, The Boys, Stranger Things, The Umbrella Academy... it's terrible for me bebe1

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

still no! bebe1 but i've seen amazing things about Herogasm and the season overall so i'm excited to. i've just gotten suddenly very busy and hate to catch up with so many things, The Boys, Stranger Things, The Umbrella Academy... it's terrible for me bebe1

Excited to hear what you think about Soldier Boy when you do watch, he's been quite the phenomenal addition to the series bebe1 I've never seen The Umbrella Academy whatsoever though, didn't even know there was a new season out bebe1 Are you also missing Ms. Marvel or is the MCU simply too important? bebe1 

Excited to hear what you think about Soldier Boy when you do watch, he's been quite the phenomenal addition to the series bebe1 I've never seen The Umbrella Academy whatsoever though, didn't even know there was a new season out bebe1 Are you also missing Ms. Marvel or is the MCU simply too important? bebe1 

i'm so excited for him! very curious as to what Jensen is bringing to the whole show too bebe1

yeah i've been caught up with it! the other shows i mentioned i also just love bingeing so i don't mind waiting a few weeks bebe1