Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Thoughts on 911 video?

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Erm... weren't you the one trying to "gang up" on me for whatever opinion I was sharing? Check your superiority complex before coming for mine. I simply shared my opinion and asked her fans for explanations, which was only met with hostility. lana4

Hypocrites just like your fave

tumblr_pdidxuTWg91u2gzw0o1_400.gifv

Yes I ganged up on you cause you deserved it! 

Just now, harry said:

She probably got in a car crash because of the referenced pills. Like that's not even a stretch, it's low hanging fruit. nicki5

Doesn't she say in the video that she did not take her pills? In the end, when the medics ask her?

I'm not sure, I find it really hard to understand.

7 minutes ago, Luca said:

You're a pop fan, not a professional by any means, you having a TOTALLY unbiased opinion doesn't mean you have common sense, stay pressed! 

MR8Zpt8.gif

fossils being pretentious? color me surprised

MR8Zpt8.gif

Just now, Gilly said:

fossils being pretentious? color me surprised

MR8Zpt8.gif

liddos have zero argumentive skills regarding their own fave and relying on personal attacks? color me surprised.

MR8Zpt8.gif

3 minutes ago, harry said:

She probably got in a car crash because of the referenced pills. Like that's not even a stretch, it's low hanging fruit. nicki5

She says "I didn't have any pills" tho and even then... still super uncreative like there could have been so many ways that she could have implied the danger of doing drugs when in a bad mental state and she chose to show it by taking a bicycle ride while being drugged? Is that really quality story telling for you? 

3 minutes ago, Max said:

Doesn't she say in the video that she did not take her pills? In the end, when the medics ask her?

I thought she was asking for them. Like she can't find them. I didn't think it implied she hadn't taken them. idk. 

I'm not gonna lie at first I was like wtf is this randomness, but the ending tied up everything nicely together. It's a cool vid.

4 minutes ago, Max said:

I think she's in denial. The way she keep saying "I'm sorry" at the end also makes it clear that she did take something and she's feeling guilty.

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

liddos have zero argumentive skills regarding their own fave and relying on personal attacks? color me surprised.

MR8Zpt8.gif

She says "I didn't have any pills" tho and even then... still super uncreative like there could have been so many ways that she could have implied the danger of doing drugs when in a bad mental state and she chose to show it by taking a bicycle ride while being drugged? Is that really quality story telling for you? 

The real story is the journey in her head. I think the more arbitrary the details are in the real life setting only adds to the juxtaposition. Most things that happen are random and circumstantial based on time/place/etc, while in her head it's all so symbolic and heavy. 

7 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

I'm not gonna lie at first I was like wtf is this randomness, but the ending tied up everything nicely together. It's a cool vid.

I think she's in denial. The way she keep saying "I'm sorry" at the end also makes it clear that she did take something and she's feeling guilty.

Oooh, that makes sense! Thanks for helping me understand this. bebe1

7 minutes ago, harry said:

The real story is the journey in her head. I think the more arbitrary the details are in the real life setting only adds to the juxtaposition. Most things that happen are random and circumstantial based on time/place/etc, while in her head it's all so symbolic and heavy. 

Obviously... but, what's the point

She created an arbitrary fantasy world in her mind that only makes sense to her (chromatica), cool? Katy was clowned for Oblivia and that had legit like 10 genius commentaries in it about social monotony. I don't get why Gaga's less detailed oriented and far more vague work gets praised more tbh, if you have an answer for that, please share. 

I don't think there's anything remarkable or insightful here because all those "attention to detail" moments only had to do with the accident itself (reference wise - as in the pain in her foot was the only thing keeping her alive and grounds her back etc), which yes, is a super generic concept and withholds the video from having any unique messages. 

If she wanted to make a visual expressing the notion that she's the catalyst to her own misery in life then do that. Idg why she had to reverse it and add this unnecessary storyline... just half baked af and I know you're smart enough to recognize that tbh. 

If it satisfies your fan needs, then good for you. That doesn't bother me at all, I'm just genuinely, genuinely curious to why people pretend like she's deeper than she actually is. lana4 Now please don't be bothered by my opinion (not u but Gilly, Royal and Freaky) 

The reality of the matter is that this is probably a video treatment that was handed to her (the way Enigma was her friend's concept, not hers, for instance) and she tried to make sense of it with 911. If that satisfies your fan needs, then good for u but for me it's a total missed opportunity. 

I STG IF THIS BITCH DOES NOT GIVE ME A SINE FROM ABOVE CONTINUATION AFTER ENDING THE VIDEO WITH CHROMATICA 3 I AM GOING TO RAGE meg1 

OT: This is one of her best videos in YEARS. She served looks and visuals and it really makes you think, which a Gaga video hasn't done in years either. 

12 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I STG IF THIS BITCH DOES NOT GIVE ME A SINE FROM ABOVE CONTINUATION AFTER ENDING THE VIDEO WITH CHROMATICA 3 I AM GOING TO RAGE meg1 

OT: This is one of her best videos in YEARS. She served looks and visuals and it really makes you think, which a Gaga video hasn't done in years either. 

That would be a cool continuation - Sine From Above right after the accident oprah15 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.