Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Kylie Minogue | Magic | September 24, 2020

i don't get why some of you were expecting some groundbreaking banger? it's kylie we're talking about, when has she reinvented any genre dead1 she's clearly just aiming for a fun feel-good disco album and that's exactly what's she's been delivering with these two songs

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

i don't get why some of you were expecting some groundbreaking banger? it's kylie we're talking about, when has she reinvented any genre dead1 she's clearly just aiming for a fun feel-good disco album and that's exactly what's she's been delivering with these two songs

Also i dont understand why every artist with every release has to reinvent something ari7

1 hour ago, Hyun. said:

At least the Pope approves...

EiqeSL4XcAA1m2z?format=jpg&name=900x900

...if I don’t. 

Between this and the upcoming Róisín Murphy album disco-loving gays seem to be the only group winning in 2020 bey6

Also considering that Light Years is my favorite Kylie album by... well a light year I’m more than ok with her returning to campy feel good nu-disco bops jj2

21 hours ago, Hyun. said:

21 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

Also i dont understand why every artist with every release has to reinvent something ari7

You both missed the point. I didn't expect reinvention or something edgy.

Magic feels like an outtake. It is flat and dated. Sounds like a song from the 2000s.

Say Something is a simple song too, but it is well made.

1 hour ago, SeekingThrill said:

Magic feels like an outtake. It is flat and dated. Sounds like a song from the 2000s.

But its literally the point jj4

If anything that tacky simple cover just confirm that its supposed to be callback to her 2000s disco dance roots jj4

The whole magic of the song magic is that it goes back with that sound to 'old' kylie. 

Like when you go disco it can't not sound dated as the whole idea is to GO BACK to old sound jj4

27 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

orly1

I am surprised you said that.

Of course you can make a modern disco song.

not when you are doing throwback to your roots, if its modern its not comeback rav1

its not the same as dua doing modern disco as she has never done it before, and is too young to really know it. Kylie not only knows it, she once excelled on it and now she's doing pretty much fan service by going back to that rav1

2 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

her store is so stupid mad12

i had to cancel SS order to reorder it with Magic vinyl together  mad12

now if shes going to release 3rd single before album on another vinyl i will have to do this again mad12

Yes, her site should have emailed previous pre-orders to see if they wanted to add Magic on their existing order. rav3

2 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

honestly when i listen to Magic i dont hear it but there is similarity when you put them together interesting1

i also dont hear it when i play it. cause the extra production elements are unique to it and make it more disco imo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.