Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

REPORT: Tom Hardy Cast as 007th James Bond

20200918_033547_1920x1080-3.png?w=1920&s

Daniel Craig’s successor has been found: Tom Hardy will be taking over the role of James Bond. Now there’s a name to die for.

As already known, No Time to Die (currently set for this November) will be Daniel Craig’s fifth and final outing as the fictional MI6 agent. Naturally, fans have been speculating for years about who they think will be taking over from Craig after No Time to Die. Today I’ve learned that this successor is none other than Mad Max and Venom actor Tom Hardy.

Full article: The Vulcan Reporter

I've been a devoted fan of this series for almost 15 years (yes I got into Bond at 4 kjhjkl) and even when I question the creative choices, I try and give them the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly don't know how I feel about this if it's true. I don't doubt Tom's abilities as an actor, he's proven time and time again that he's talented and capable. However, the implications of it kind of worries me about the creative direction of the series. Traditionally, Bond actors are known (to varying extents) but they're not blockbuster stars before they take on the role, they become one as a result of the films. Casting such a huge name with such known bankability worries me that they're gonna move into the more generic action movie route and begin to phase out the more eccentric elements in favor of playing more to general audiences than the actual Bond audience. 

I'll give him a chance but it does worry me a bit. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.