Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Will Katy Have Another Successful Era?

Choose kindly.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is she going to experience success again?

• Yes. She knows what to do next.
    • No. She is as clueless as Xtina now.

Not if her label handles it the way they handled the Smile era.

NRO was doing great until they pulled the plug way too soon and killed the momentum with Small Talk - a universally hated song which they wasted so much promo on (playlists etc) and then Daisies was the only "proper" single of the era (Smile / HIH weren't even released on radio if I recall correctly) which did okay - ish for her standards but also didn't have a radio deal or streaming payola. I think her label is just not interested in investing in her anymore. 

Maybe if they tried pushing Cry About It Later she could have a cute top 40 (in Australia lmao) hit on her hands, but even that is far fetched at this point.

Sime couldve been at least top 3 if she and her team handled it better. especially when it coinsides with her pregnancy/birth.

wouldve been a cute moment if both album release and the birth of her daughter to happen in the same day.

15 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Sime couldve been at least top 3 if she and her team handled it better. especially when it coinsides with her pregnancy/birth.

wouldve been a cute moment if both album release and the birth of her daughter to happen in the same day.

Sime From Underneath (feat. Elton John)? ellie1

If I'll be honest, I think people are over Katy as an act.

Her particular brand of light hearted pop coupled with her goofy image made it hard for anyone to take her seriously when she tried to, and too "gimmicky" to really stick around.

She has the power to get a surprise hit or so in the future, but overall I think she's done unless she pulls off a massive reinvention.

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Not if her label handles it the way they handled the Smile era.

NRO was doing great until they pulled the plug way too soon and killed the momentum with Small Talk - a universally hated song which they wasted so much promo on (playlists etc) and then Daisies was the only "proper" single of the era (Smile / HIH weren't even released on radio if I recall correctly) which did okay - ish for her standards but also didn't have a radio deal or streaming payola. I think her label is just not interested in investing in her anymore. 

Maybe if they tried pushing Cry About It Later she could have a cute top 40 (in Australia lmao) hit on her hands, but even that is far fetched at this point.

Ugh I'll never forgive Capitol for the way they handled Harleys In Hawaii, katy most underrated & one her best songs in her career. wednesday release, removed from itunes for HOURS, bad playlisting (REALLY bad playlisting), not sent to radios, 2 performances total, first performance 2 months post release, leaked music video.... 

She needs a reputation era. That's the only way this can happen. There was actual potential for her career last year with NRO but then the rollout of droplets annihilated any hope for that. Here's what should happen:

- Release at least one more single from this album and sack the era. It was DOA and I hardly doubt there's any saving it.

- Katy goes radio silent for a while, taking care of her personal life with the baby and a wedding and stuff.

- Late 2021 - Early 2022, she announces the lead of her next era, BUT with long black hair (emphasis on black).

- Performs at major award shows and actually gets her name out there this time. She is the most followed person on twitter, 100M+ followers on Instagram and one of the most subscribed YouTube channels as well. People need to know Katy Perry is releasing a song.

- With the right song, the right promo and the incorporating a bit of nostalgia factor into her image with all her past successful projects, she has got herself a hit in her hands.

Yes she will bounce back from this. This is the end of her contract with Capitol, which means next steps will see new management and new deal for the comeback rollout. This is the also the perfect time to take a break and raise her baby and spend some time with family. 

Capitol really fucked up this era in terms of timing, single selection, promotion, and messaging. Sabotage if I’ve ever seen it clap1 

it’ll only be a matter of time until Katy’s back on track. I predict late 2021 -2022 ish. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Yes she will bounce back from this. This is the end of her contract with Capitol, which means next steps will see new management and new deal for the comeback rollout. This is the also the perfect time to take a break and raise her baby and spend some time with family. 

Capitol really fucked up this era in terms of timing, single selection, promotion, and messaging. Sabotage if I’ve ever seen it clap1 

it’ll only be a matter of time until Katy’s back on track. I predict late 2021 -2022 ish. 

What do you think her image will be? She'll be 37/38 in 2022. I'm having a hard time picturing what her tone/message/aesthetic will be, as a jumping off point from her legacy so-far and a transition into ???? Smile was for sure undersold by her label, but I don't think she can just release the same thing again in 2 years with more promo and be successful. Her image has already changed so much whether she wants it to or not because society sucks. She's a mother now and approaching 40. She'll struggle selling cute sugar pop. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I didn't know that. Good point tbh. ari7

56 minutes ago, harry said:

What do you think her image will be? She'll be 37/38 in 2022. I'm having a hard time picturing what her tone/message/aesthetic will be, as a jumping off point from her legacy so-far and a transition into ???? Smile was for sure undersold by her label, but I don't think she can just release the same thing again in 2 years with more promo and me successful. Her image has already changed so much whether she wants it to or not because society sucks. She's a mother now and approaching 40. She'll struggle selling cute sugar pop. 

Not necessarily commercial success. But Katy 100% has the talent (yes, she absolutely does) to write a great album with a solid team which might earn her critical acclaim and that will consequently boost her reputation from the clownish low one she's rotting in right now.  Obviously her #1 days are over, but I think if she wants to cement her legacy as a respected figure in the industry then she needs that one undeniable album. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.