Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Everybody VS. Just Dance

Pick it.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which one you like the best?

• Everybody! Come on dance and sing!
    • Just dance! Gonna be okay! Ddada ddoodoo!

Just now, Lynk said:

Just Dance. Everybody doesn't really do much plus its so damn long (I don't hate it for that but it's literally 6 minutes of nothing)

The original version was only 4:50. The 6 minutes version is the 12" vinyl version from back in those days. Since 2001 however, the version that got included in any reprinted/remastered editions of Madge's debut album is the 6 minutes one.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, Lynk said:

Just Dance. Everybody doesn't really do much plus its so damn long (I don't hate it for that but it's literally 6 minutes of nothing)

This version of Everybody is 100000000x  much better than the original

demi1

IT SLAYS HARD

3 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Just Dance is a classic bop. Still bops.

The other one brit5

Just Dance is the worst single from her debut and other singles deserved its success. Like Paparazzi or LoveGame. nicki5 

1 hour ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

The original version was only 4:50. The 6 minutes version is the 12" vinyl version from back in those days. Since 2001 however, the version that got included in any reprinted/remastered editions of Madge's debut album is the 6 minutes one.

It's interesting how Madonna's debut has several different album versions for songs.

When the album got re-released in Europe in 1985 as "The First Album" it had an alternate version of Burning Up. I think since 2001 it went back to the original.

I also heard the iTunes version used the shorter 7" Edit of Holiday instead of the full 6 minute version for some reason.

They're both so bland sounding now but at the time sounded so excitingly new (at least in the US, and in the case of JD). I wasn't born yet when Everybody was released, but from what I've read it introduced a fresh sound to the dancefloor, at least to general audiences. 

I guess I'll go with Everybody since I'm not so mind-numbingly bored with it like I am JD. 

12 hours ago, Shego said:

Just Dance is the worst single from her debut and other singles deserved its success. Like Paparazzi or LoveGame. nicki5 

It's debatably better or on par with LoveGame. And even if it's the worst single, that doesn't mean it's a bad song um2 Cause it's not.

It's still better than Everybody. oprah14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.