Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

Best Discography Among The FOTP Faves

Best Discography  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Best Discography

• Ariana Grande
    • Beyonce
    • Britney Spears
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Lana Del Rey
    • Madonna
    • Mariah Carey
    • Rihanna
    • Selena Gomez
    • Taylor Swift

Ariana-Grande.jpgbeyonce-naughty-boy-runnin-lose-it-all.jpg?quality=80&w=400&h=400&crop=1

Britney-Spears.jpghttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fa6ecabe5-50fa-4b7c-a498-0a6298421873

116210.jpgiZvCmEjp_400x400.jpg

175653.jpgd55a3c34-4d19-45b4-bab2-980153af7e93.jpg?crop=63,0,563,500&w=400&h=400&mode=crop&scale=both

jW50tLJC.jpgrihana_5e43d875af1c6.jpg

83517.jpgtaylor-1.png

Well? Which of these iconic pop stars has the best discography out of all the FOTP faves. Vote and give reasons (if you feel like it) in this thread. 

P.S. I left out Dua because her discography isn't big enough to compete with the others

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Madonna, Mariah, Beyoncé

anyone saying Rihanna... it’s the worms and fillers for me 

Yeah like sis has one of the strongest singles catalogues out of all the favs, and a couple amazing album tracks but she didn't really serve an album front to back until Anti.

Mariah is also very consistent!

Madonna. Her evolution is just undeniable and she masterfully shifted her sound for decades. (Bey is my queen forever, but it wasn't until Self Titled that she became the critically respected and artistically daring artist to the extent that she is today) 

As Pitchfork wrote: 

One critical line on Madonna was once that she was merely a trend-jumper, an appropriator of subcultural and dance-musical developments that she treated like so many berries ripe for the plucking. As it turns out, that's exactly what's made her special in the long term: Behind that not-quite-lovely bleat and the image she manages as carefully and transparently as, say, Cindy Sherman, her chief weapon is an unbelievably dead-on sense for what sounds and styles and sexualities are ready for the big time, and a sensibility that lets her spin four minutes of pleasure or melancholy out of anything. The Madonna singles that hold up best over time, though ("Ray of Light", "Papa Don't Preach", "Don't Tell Me",  "Secret"), aren't just celebrations or ballads; they've got a sense of sadness or gravity that's illuminated by the glimmering light of the disco ball. There's a lot of remarkable music on Celebration-- the work of an artist who's spent a quarter-century in a passionate body-lock with the question of what exactly makes pop music popular

mad6

3 hours ago, Strobo said:

Madonna.

Though Beyonce has the most consistent quality and growth.

Tbh there's a difference in a sense that Bey (brilliantly, of course) grew but on brand and she is unquestionably adventurous and ambitious with her music but with Madonna it's like she continuously changed people's expectations of her - you couldn't tell LAP was coming based on TB, nor you saw I'm Breathless and definitely not Erotica / ROL coming either. It's almost like completely different artists with completely different vision/perspective. And that is remarkable, to be honest brit13 

They don't call her the queen of re-inventions for nothing, they can only imitate ha but never duplicate ha rih6

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.