Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Shawn Mendes | Wonder | Oct 2

Okay I've been able to put my thoughts together and I gotta say I really, really love the song.  I went in so ready to be let down and to see him falling back into his old rhythm and i’m so happy to see and hear that he didn’t.  He’s never, ever supplied a video like he did, never attempted even minimalistic choreography, never explored this type of sound in any extensive or meaningful way...he listened to the feedback from fans and even critics and seems now to be willing to go outside of his comfort zone and try something new. 

It’s very much an opening track and I feel like if there’s a weakness to it’s that because he’s clearly setting up everything that’s to come and that means he couldn't totally give anything away up front. But even being a taster, i’m thrilled by it. It really looks and sounds like he grew up and listened to what people had to say in response to his previous work and that's all I could've asked for as a stan. 

And seeing people who usually aren't interested in him actually getting on board and getting interested in this album feels really good tbh. 

18 hours ago, Max said:

I wonder if this will do anything for him. jj2

it's projected to debut at #19 which is about his usual save for If I Can't Have You and Seniorita. HOWEVER, of his hit singles, only 1 has ever debuted at it's peak. He tends to peak in the weeks following a debut. Plus since this is the year of fan campaigns I'm sure the lower debut will ignite some sort of coordinated movement to push it up. 

let’s see if this’ll push fans to make it rise. it’s doing very well on radio, rising every day and that’s what has pushed all his previous hits to be...well hits. there is hope ladies! 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.