Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Noel Gallagher slams Miley, Taylor & Ed Sheeran

Noel-Gallagher-Slams-Taylor-Swift-and-Ed-Sheeran.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C2000px%2C1131px&resize=1200%2C675&ssl=1&quality=86&strip=all

The former Oasis musician has hit out at pop stars such as Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift during a new podcast.

In an appearance on Matt Morgan’s podcast, he mourned the loss of “proper rock stars” and described Swift and Sheeran as “shit” – despite conceding that they are the biggest acts in the world.

He said: “Music now is style over substance. I find that these young ­people in the music game – they fucking look great, they’ve all got tattoos and the image and all that fucking bollocks but really they’re just shit, they’re not saying anything. The biggest-selling acts are shit, whereas when I was growing up the biggest-selling acts were the best acts. The biggest band in the world was usually the best band in the world."

“Now the biggest thing in the world is fucking Taylor Swift. What?! Fuck off.”

Noel’s latest comments come after he claimed that America is widely responsible for the sexualisation of female artists.

He said his attention was drawn to the issue following Miley Cyrus‘ recent performance of her hit song ‘Midnight Sky’ at the MTV Video Music Awards, in which she performed on top of a giant disco wrecking ball. “That god awful woman Miley Cyrus was on and she was doing some fucking shit and even my nine-year-old [Sonny] said, ‘Why is the cameraman just filming her legs?’

”Women have been sexualised because of America, British culture would never sexualise a female. This has all come from America – that juvenile, jock, stupid fucking culture.”

Meanwhile, Gallagher recently described the use of face coverings as “bollocks”, after they were introduced in an attempt to curb the spread of coronavirus.

x

46 minutes ago, Lynk said:

This reeks of "My generation was better than yours cause I said so". What really kills me is that he probably thinks he did something.

1 hour ago, Princess Aurora said:

''British culture would never sexualise a female'' lol3 Please. 

Sadly straight white British men will back up and agree with him... there's still a very closed minded nature when it comes to this sort of thing in the UK.

19 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Sadly straight white British men will back up and agree with him... there's still a very closed minded nature when it comes to this sort of thing in the UK.

The fact you can easily contradict this by simply mentioning European History especially the Royal British one and not only that. It's like he opened a can of worms with that statement dead2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.