Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Trump wanted to hire Taylor, Britney, Selena, Gaga & more for his campaign

lady-gaga-asib-silver-billboard-2018-1548-1024x677.jpg

They made a list of more than 30 celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Billy Joel to appear in their ad campaign to "inspire hope" about coronavirus, but they ended up with only Dennis Quaid, CeCe Winans and Hasidic singer Shulem Lemmer.

Shortly after former Trump campaign official Michael Caputo helped transfer $300 million from the CDC to fund the new nationwide campaign to "defeat despair," planning efforts ramped up early in the summer, but celebrities are refusing to participate, and staff are arraying against it. Some complain of the unstated aim of helping Trump’s re-election.

"This is a boondoggle," said an HHS official who requested anonymity to discuss a sensitive department project. "We're in the middle of a pandemic … we could use that quarter of a billion dollars on buying PPE [personal protective equipment], not promoting PSAs with C-list celebrities."

Health officials envisioned matching top Trump appointees with celebrities in a multi-million-dollar ad blitz, circulating wish lists that would have paired Medicaid chief and longtime Mike Pence adviser Seema Verma with "preferred celebrities" like Joel, Swift, Timberlake, singer Lady Gaga and more than a half-dozen others, according to a document obtained by POLITICO.

Caputo also said in a Facebook video on Sept. 13 that the campaign was "demanded of me by the president of the United States. Personally."

x

The "Preferred Celebrities" list:

EjK_S6iWoAIHYcm.png

The resolution is horrible, but if you zoom in you can easily make out the names.

(Slot 1)
Billy Joel, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, Jennifer Lopez, Luke Bryan, Marc Anthony, Tim McGraw

(Slot 2)
Blake Shelton, Billie Joel, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, Christina Aguilera, Eminem, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Maroon 5/Adam Levine, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez

Gaga literally cried and protested against him when he became president rip4 did he honestly believe she would do something for him? Delusional! 

47 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Gaga literally cried and protested against him when he became president rip4 did he honestly believe she would do something for him? Delusional! 

Narcissistic personality disorder strikes again dead2

2 minutes ago, Onika said:

Fav moment of the debate was him getting called a clown to his face tbh eve1

NO WAIT A MINUTE DID THAT HAPPEN? lmfao2 That's iconic!

2 minutes ago, Royalty said:

HIS FACE WHEN HE'S BEEN CALLED A CLOWN rip2rip2rip2rip2 I'm screeching 

oh it was hilarious seeing it happen live rip2 

too bad my dad was in the shower getting ready for bed. he mightve fallen out of his chair laughing rip2 

On 10/1/2020 at 4:37 PM, Chris Morlock said:

oh it was hilarious seeing it happen live rip2 

too bad my dad was in the shower getting ready for bed. he mightve fallen out of his chair laughing rip2 

I about choked on the drink I was drinking at that moment. It was a classic moment. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.