Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ahmed

Bitteriah Pressedrey dissing Celegend Dion for the 5th time in her memoir. Why is she so obsessed?

I get Mariah's perspective seeing as Aretha was a major influence on her and was probably like "I could never be as good as Aretha" (Whether you agree or not is a conversation for another time). Still, it takes a lot of guts to go up against THE Aretha Franklin and I can't hate Celine for that

6 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I get Mariah's perspective seeing as Aretha was a major influence on her and was probably like "I could never be as good as Aretha" (Whether you agree or not is a conversation for another time). Still, it takes a lot of guts to go up against THE Aretha Franklin and I can't hate Celine for that

But no one ever said it was a competition. Aretha literally asked them "HELP me lift it". It was so awkward before Celine stepped in to help her. 

1 hour ago, Royalty said:

Anyway, did someone listen to the iconic album The Rarities? oprah15 

A moment, a true moment. 

15 minutes ago, Royale said:

Mariah can be so annoying sometimes jj4 

I wouldn't worry. Mariah and Celine are friends anyway, it's simply a matter of opinion. People are acting surprised that Mariah is bring this up again when it is her memoir.

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

Loving your Lawnmowriah diss/expose threads, @OP  oprah15   

Godline literally did nothing to her, but the fact she kept bringing this shit up 20 years later moo2

Sadly the OP lost credibility to me, after he made that other thread about cory rooney calling Mariah a liar. Where he basically confirmed that motolla put a knife on Mimi's face like Mariah said. bey4

1 hour ago, RED ANGELO said:

She's always insecure with girls who can sing.  wendy1

ari4

Yet she has no issue with Gaga, Ari, Kelly, Beyonce, Anastacia etc. And they are all talented singers.

ari4

26 minutes ago, light741 said:

Yet she has no issue with Gaga, Ari, Kelly, Beyonce, Anastacia etc. And they are all talented singers.

ari4

You don't understand what I meant there honey.

Do you think Mariah would see those girls as her competition? (vocally) 

LOL

Celine, Whitney, Xtina  

No explanation needed to those who gets it. 

Obviously, you don't.

BYE

ari4

1 hour ago, light741 said:

ari4

She has no issue with Whitney, Celine or Xtina either. Some people read in to things way too deep. dead2

I always felt like Mariah shaded Celine about that performance because she didn't have the chops that night to sing to her fullest potential. Celine was not intimidated by Aretha and even though Aretha kept screaming out of desperation to distract, Celine outsang her.

20 hours ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Mariah made a memoir of her life. The Divas Live thing happened also in her life. She told the story from her perspective. Suddenly, she's the one who's pressed.

Where's the logic in this? bey4

Fags use dramatics over logic. 

The night was meant to be about celebrating Aretha, i think Mariah took issue with the performance as it felt like Celine was trying to out sing Aretha, which with Aretha being the elder could be viewed as disrespectful.

Mariah has no issue with Celine, you'd have to live under a rock or be very delusional to think that. 

3 hours ago, RED ANGELO said:

You don't understand what I meant there honey.

Do you think Mariah would see those girls as her competition? (vocally) 

LOL

Celine, Whitney, Xtina  

No explanation needed to those who gets it. 

Obviously, you don't.

BYE

ari4

If you are trying to suggest that the likes of Bey, Anastacia aren't competition then think again. Because they are all very talented singers and with better technique than xtina. Meaning they can give Mariah, Celine Whitney a run for their money more than xtina ever could. And Mariah has no issue with Whiney. She has no issue with Celine either. as the only thing she said was expressing her oppinion about that divas live night in a book about her life. You are tripping  if you think she holds some kind of grude towards Celine because of something like that.

moo5

5 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

The night was meant to be about celebrating Aretha, i think Mariah took issue with the performance as it felt like Celine was trying to out sing Aretha, which with Aretha being the elder could be viewed as disrespectful.

Mariah has no issue with Celine, you'd have to live under a rock or be very delusional to think that. 

This. Didn't Mariah mention that she and Celine had talked when she was trying to get pregnant? They clearly respect each other. I totally understand Mariah's point of view. It's more a professional opinion than a personal one, she's told this story many times.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.