Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Tomás

Loverboy(s)

Pick one!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. 👀

• Original Firecracker Sample version
    • Glitter Album version

4 minutes ago, Tomás said:

Ok y'all gonna call me crazy but I kinda bop more to the Firecracker version rip4

I mean it's not THAT bad but it's just not the Glitter version but according to that poll we all thinking the same thing. gag1

Y’all are probably going to hate me for saying this (I see the voting results) but I never really liked the Glitter soundtrack version of Loverboy bebe1

It always seemed off to me and I don’t like how the Candy sample made the song such a slow paced track (ironic that the music video was filmed on a race track). For me, it’s like the last minute replacement sample took the fun/energy out of the original version wendy3

Listening to the Firecracker version was disappointing to me at first, but the chorus is better there.

Overall I'm more used to the Candy version but can we all just agree she ate UP the Firecracker version's vocals? You can really tell she was having the time of her life recording them, and it makes me sad there was such much drama around this track.

It's difficult to prefer the Firecracker version because it's so different from what we're used to. However, I really like the chorus in the Firecracker version and the little "dow dow, doo doo doot doot do do" parts. In fact, I feel like this would have worked really well in the movie itself because it sounds more like an 80s song than the original release. 

They're both really busy songs, though. And neither version have great vocals by her. I did like the Firecracker version, though, and I think time will tell on which one I prefer. 

13 hours ago, Strobo said:

Listening to the Firecracker version was disappointing to me at first, but the chorus is better there.

Overall I'm more used to the Candy version but can we all just agree she ate UP the Firecracker version's vocals? You can really tell she was having the time of her life recording them, and it makes me sad there was such much drama and this track.

Yeah the chorus works SO much better to me. It would be dope if someone could edit the Loverboy video with this version, I agree that she sounds like she's having a lot of fun giveup1

4 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

It's difficult to prefer the Firecracker version because it's so different from what we're used to. However, I really like the chorus in the Firecracker version and the little "dow dow, doo doo doot doot do do" parts. In fact, I feel like this would have worked really well in the movie itself because it sounds more like an 80s song than the original release. 

They're both really busy songs, though. And neither version have great vocals by her. I did like the Firecracker version, though, and I think time will tell on which one I prefer. 

I hadn't thought about that and you're absolutely right! It fits the mood for the movie better. The doo doo doo's shook me the first time I heard them, it reminds me of ABMB a bit. Love them. juicy1

Vocally it's pretty good to me. She plays a lot with her vocal dynamics, there's some really good runs, a lot of the song is belted, there's a whistle and some high belts. Nothing other-wordly but it's solid.

10 hours ago, Tomás said:

Vocally it's pretty good to me. She plays a lot with her vocal dynamics, there's some really good runs, a lot of the song is belted, there's a whistle and some high belts. Nothing other-wordly but it's solid.

I should have specified that when I say there aren't "great vocals" I don't mean how she's actually singing. She definitely has good runs and whatnot – she's singing the great way she always does. I just meant her tone. In both versions her voice sounds kinda hoarse and thin – just really tired. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.