Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Mariah Carey Reminisces About the Gift From Cyndi Lauper That Got Her Writing 'Music Box'

mariah-carey-jan-2020-xh-billboard-1548-

Cyndi Lauper had Mariah Carey looking back on a fond memory from the early '90s this weekend.

Carey, who just released her memoir, The Meaning of Mariah Carey, spotted a compliment about the book from Lauper on Twitter -- and shared some kind words of her own in response.

"I knew her a little after her first record. She is very sweet. I’m reading her book now. I think it’s written very well. Ms #MariahCarey you have love from me," Lauper tweeted on Saturday (Oct. 3).

"Cyndi, you have always had love from me!!!" Carey wrote back.

"I will never forget on my 21st birthday (back when I still had birthdays), when you gave me a beautiful orange lyric book and I wrote the entire Music Box album in it. It meant so much to me as do you and your talent!" she recalled, retelling a story she's mentioned about writing the 1993 album in the past.

Billboard

On 10/4/2020 at 12:12 PM, Ruthless Love said:

"I will never forget on my 21st birthday (back when I still had birthdays), when you gave me a beautiful orange lyric book and I wrote the entire Music Box album in it. It meant so much to me as do you and your talent!" she recalled, retelling a story she's mentioned about writing the 1993 album in the past.

too bad it isnt her best album, lyrically moo10

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.