Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

A Stan Is Down: Madonna No-Voice Ciccone vs. Mariah No-Middle-Name Carey

Let's see, from MY perspective Madonna's voice was the most enticing & exciting during the Like a Prayer era. This was also the last time she was the biggest selling female singer on Earth because we all know Ms. Mariah was about to come, see, and conquer the entire decade. Though I should also give credits to A LOT OF ARTISTS in the 90s, including Whitney "Nippy" Houston, Janet Damita Jo Jackson, Shania fuckin' Twain, Céline Dion, etc. Now, let's get back to the main point, shall we? mj1

This was Ms. Ciccone's best performance back in 1989. Presenting: 

This was Ms. Carey's best performance back in 2001, same age with Madge in 1989 at 31. Presenting: 

I'm making a statement...of my own opinion. Just a brief little reminder, to help y'all remember! Both of these artists are vastly different in the type of music that they're making. However, since somebody tried real desperately just a couple while ago with a blanket statement that MC's voice has never been on par/not as good as most of these singers: Madonna, Whitney, Christina, Ashanti redux, Céline, and big sweater ponytail girl, and that she failed to comprehend the fact that Mariah has always been regarded as one of the greatest vocalists on Earth while Madonna has always been criticized for being a shitty vocalist, let me do this. Just for laughs, dahhhling! moo6

Just in case someone thought, "Why 2001 for Mariah? That was not even her best year vocally!"

Are you sure you want anybody to be pitted in competition against Mariah in 1995? Or 1990? Or, hell, 1998?

But sure, Jan. Here you go: 

Starting at 4:24. moo13

16 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

and conquer the entire decade

Moo did no such thing dead2 She was constantly overshadowed by more talented artists such as Whitney, Celine, and even Alanis Morisette. She inflated her sales numbers by discounting to 99cents or payola, don't you ever wonder why Celine is $500m richer than Mariah even though Mariah supposedly sell more, had more #1s etc? 

Even her payola and discount tactics could not make any of her song went as big as I Will Always Love You or My Heart Will Go On, both of these songs went big on their own without payola or discount dead2

@Madonna didn't lie when he said Mariah's voice is not on par with Xtina, Whitney, or Celine. Her voice is beautiful, amazing etc, but she lacks emotions... When I listen to her I literally don't feel anything. It's like a piano can produce beautiful sounds, but a good pianists can make you feel all sort of emotions. 

Whitney, Celine, and Xtina all can convey songs with 100% emotions. 

Xtina here, literally made me shed tears:

Meanwhile Moo does nothing but pisses me off with her handwaving and screeching.

SnivelingShockedIcefish-size_restricted.

As for Madonna, we all know she can't sing even if her life depended on it... (except for certain fans who think she can). But her discography is more diverse than Moo's.

1 minute ago, STJ said:

Moo did no such thing dead2 She was constantly overshadowed by more talented artists such as Whitney, Celine, and even Alanis Morisette. She inflated her sales numbers by discounting to 99cents or payola, don't you ever wonder why Celine is $500m richer than Mariah even though Mariah supposedly sell more, had more #1s etc? 

Even her payola and discount tactics could not make any of her song went as big as I Will Always Love You or My Heart Will Go On, both of these songs went big on their own without payola or discount dead2

@Madonna didn't lie when he said Mariah's voice is not on par with Xtina, Whitney, or Celine. Her voice is beautiful, amazing etc, but she lacks emotions... When I listen to her I literally don't feel anything. It's like a piano can produce beautiful sounds, but a good pianists can make you feel all sort of emotions. 

Whitney, Celine, and Xtina all can convey songs with 100% emotions. 

Xtina here, literally made me shed tears:

Meanwhile Moo does nothing but pisses me off with her handwaving and screeching.

SnivelingShockedIcefish-size_restricted.

As for Madonna, we all know she can't sing even if her life depended on it... (except for certain fans who think she can). But her discography is more diverse than Moo's.

Your thoughts, your opinions. moo5

Imagine though, to determine whether somebody is an excellent vocalist is based on how strong you could cry to somebody's singing.....a sad song. Literally listen to MC singing Petals while crying herself. She didn't even hit screechy notes or whatever, but ok Fighter! moo6

12 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Your thoughts, your opinions. moo5

Imagine though, to determine whether somebody is an excellent vocalist is based on how strong you could cry to somebody's singing.....a sad song. Literally listen to MC singing Petals while crying herself. She didn't even hit screechy notes or whatever, but ok Fighter! moo6

Sis, literally the point of music is to stir some sort of emotions in the listener ny13 It doesn't have to be crying. When she sings a love song, I want to feel that I'm in love etc. ari3

To illustrate my point:

When I listen to this song by The Carpenters, I feel like I'm really in love or standing in a field of flowers or something with my lover:

Spoiler

When I listen to Moo's Butterfly song, I don't feel anything. But I like her voice and the song though. lol2 Hence I think she is overrated, and why I agree with Madonna (the member here). 

5 minutes ago, STJ said:

Sis, literally the point of music is to stir some sort of emotions in the listener ny13 It doesn't have to be crying. When she sings a love song, I want to feel that I'm in love etc. ari3

To illustrate my point:

When I listen to this song by The Carpenters, I feel like I'm really in love or standing in a field of flowers or something with my lover:

Hide contents

When I listen to Moo's Butterfly song, I don't feel anything. But I like her voice and the song though. lol2 Hence I think she is overrated, and I agree with Madonna (the member here). 

To evoke is to feel subjectively, babe. Butterfly always makes me cry, as does Xtina's I'm OK and Madonna's One More Chance. However, I never even cried a single tear whenever I listened to Whitney's I Will Always Love You or Céline's All By Myself. I cried to Whitney's I Look to You and Céline's A New Day Has Come though.

Dreamlover and Fantasy are literally Mariah's evoking joy and happiness in people's hearts, but ok love. moo13

6 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

To evoke is to feel subjectively, babe. Butterfly always makes me cry, as does Xtina's I'm OK and Madonna's One More Chance. However, I never even cried a year whenever I listened to Whitney's I Will Always Love You or Céline's All By Myself. I cried to Whitney's I Look to You and Céline's A New Day Has Come though.

Dreamlover and Fantasy are literally Mariah's evoking joy and happiness in people's hearts, but ok love. moo13

Dolly Parton's version of IWALY is more emotional, Whitney's is more empowering. 

If you say so, hun... moo13

6 minutes ago, STJ said:

Sis, literally the point of music is to stir some sort of emotions in the listener ny13 It doesn't have to be crying. When she sings a love song, I want to feel that I'm in love etc. 

Um... No. Music, like all other art forms serves a myriad of purposes, not just to invoke emotions. You don't listen to songs like 7 rings, Work Bitch, Your Body or Into The Groove to feel emotions. Those are fun songs that are used by the listeners to have fun. A song doesn't have to make you cry rivers of tears to be good.

Just now, Lynk said:

Um... No. Music, like all other art forms serves a myriad of purposes, not just to invoke emotions. You don't listen to songs like 7 rings, Work Bitch, Your Body or Into The Groove to feel emotions. Those are fun songs that are used by the listeners to have fun. A song doesn't have to make you cry rivers of tears to be good.

Why are yall focusing on the crying part ny13 and yes joy is an emotion too. 

3 minutes ago, Lynk said:

nat1

53 minutes ago, STJ said:

To illustrate my point:

Reveal hidden contents

When I listen to Moo's Butterfly song, I don't feel anything. But I like her voice and the song though. lol2 Hence I think she is overrated, and why I agree with Madonna (the member here). 

I feel like this is a really subjective topic that isn't fair to judge an artist off.

Like yeah, enjoyment of music is always subjective. But someone's singing being emotional or not is especially so.

Some people think Christina for example is very soulful, others think she just screams and makes noise. This same thing could be leveled at any "vocalist" inspired by Aretha's style of singing.

Music is a lot more than just emotion, it's energy, it's craftsmanship, it's storytelling either with lyrics or melodies. Music can be so many different things and everyone will value something different. Why else do you think there's countless arguments on who's the best at singing/songwriting/production/etc as if there is just one objective best?

6 minutes ago, Strobo said:

I feel like this is a really subjective topic that isn't fair to judge an artist off.

Like yeah, enjoyment of music is always subjective. But someone's singing being emotional or not is especially so.

Some people think Christina for example is very soulful, others think she just screams and makes noise. This same thing could be leveled at any "vocalist" inspired by Aretha's style of singing.

Music is a lot more than just emotion, it's energy, it's craftsmanship, it's storytelling either with lyrics or melodies. Music can be so many different things and everyone will value something different. Why else do you think there's countless arguments on who's the best at singing/songwriting/production/etc as if there is just one objective best?

I know I can always trust you, Prince! Lemme follow real quick! moo9

19 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I still don't understand the correlation between Mariah and Madonna. They're two different Worlds apart dead2 

Somebody grouped ha and J.Lo with Whitney and Céline as "most of these" singers that can sing better than MC. That's why it literally didn't make any sense. But it's alright, it's @ Madonna after all.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.