Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

A Stan Is Down: Madonna No-Voice Ciccone vs. Mariah No-Middle-Name Carey

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

That's your opinion.

It's actually objective. The whistle register is not even a supported register, it's not even considered musical. She just switches to WR whenever she tries to divert the attention from her lack of breath support. And her WR is very pitchy and uncontrolled now 

2 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

It's actually objective. The whistle register is not even a supported register, it's not even considered musical. She just switches to WR whenever she tries to divert the attention from her lack of breath support. And her WR is very pitchy and uncontrolled now 

It is not. Her whistles are part of her singing style. It is her choice and right to use it in whatever way she wants.

And Mariah doesn't need whistles to hide anything, because she has proven countless times that she can sing with breath support.

Just now, light741 said:

It is not. Her whistles are part of her singing style. It is her choice and right to use it in whatever way she wants.

And Mariah doesn't need whistles to hide anything, because she has proven countless times that she can sing with breath support.

Just because she used to be able to sing with more support doesn't mean she doesn't use it to make up for her crumbling voice. Deep down you know I'm right but whatever. And don't bring up age cuz older vocalists can sing their entire old classics with amazing stamina in one breath. 

brit5 and you settle for this as the 'standard'

1 minute ago, Ahmed said:

Just because she used to be able to sing with more support doesn't mean she doesn't use it to make up for her crumbling voice. Deep down you know I'm right but whatever. And don't bring up age cuz older vocalists can sing their entire old classics with amazing stamina in one breath. 

brit5 and you settle for this as the 'standard'

Most older singers haven't been singing with nodules their entire career. And don't show me that video as if that's the best she has done in the past years because that is far from the truth.

Just now, light741 said:

Most older singers haven't been singing with nodules their entire career. And don't show me that video as if that's the best she has done in the past years because that is far from the truth.

The never-ending nodules excuse lol She has nodules cuz she pushes her voice to reach whistle notes and you know it. 

Even Vision of Love sounds sloppy now. Regine can do the Daydream version at age 50 easily cuz she has good chord closure. 

Mariah struggled to sing Whenever You Call live in her prime and Regine can do it at 50. 

2 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

The never-ending nodules excuse lol She has nodules cuz she pushes her voice to reach whistle notes and you know it. 

Even Vision of Love sounds sloppy now. Regine can do the Daydream version at age 50 easily cuz she has good chord closure. 

Mariah struggled to sing Whenever You Call live in her prime and Regine can do it at 50. 

She has nodules since childhood. She was a heavy smoker since she was 12. So yeah. Context matters. Mariah is far from being this terrible technique singer. So honey it's time to get your facts right and get a life. You are not doing yourself any favor by posting your twitter posts where you show you have nothing better to do than bashing Mariah 24/7.

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

Can you lot like shut the fuck up, go take up Golf or something. mad5

The fact he spends more time naming everything he hates about Mariah rather than focusing on his favs. And he thinks he can talk about anybody being or not being a nice person when he is full of hatred.  moo3

Just now, light741 said:

She has nodules since childhood. She was a heavy smoker since she was 12. So yeah. Context matters. Mariah is far from being this terrible technique singer. So honey it's time to get your facts right and get a life. You are not doing yourself any favor by posting your twitter posts where you show you have nothing better to do than bashing Mariah 24/7.

Gurl no, context is just you using everything as excuses for her. Smoking doesn't help, but many vocalists smoked like Aretha, Dionne, Sarah Vaughan, Whitney etc and it doesn't affect your technique to control your chest, mixed voice and head voice (underdeveloped for Mariah). Whitney also had nodules at some point and could outsing Mariah in 98 lol. and Dionne still has good control of her chest voice at 80 lol It's muscles and coordination. Mariah can sound good but her muscle coordination is underdeveloped.

Gurl no, context is just you using everything as excuses for her. Smoking doesn't help, but many vocalists smoked like Aretha, Dionne, Sarah Vaughan, Whitney etc and it doesn't affect your technique to control your chest, mixed voice and head voice (underdeveloped for Mariah). Whitney also had nodules at some point and could outsing Mariah in 98 lol. and Dionne still has good control of her chest voice at 80 lol It's muscles and coordination. Mariah can sound good but her muscle coordination is underdeveloped.

Yea girl. Context. Mariah has had nodules since childhood. Which means she should have been more careful with the way she treated her voice in the long run. Some of the choices she has made were not the best. Like smoking, overworking, drinking. All things that are not good for the voice. But she is not the only vocalist in history to make some bad decisions towards her instrument. You named Whitney which is another example of that. Mariah has had better vocals post 1998 than the ones she had in 1998. So i don't know what you are trying to do here. And this is not a competition about who is better. You think i can't name singers with better technique than Whitney? Don't be ridiculous, this is not the point. The point is you lie by saying Mariah is some horrible technique singer. That is a lie bigger than a house. And just because there are people better trained that have taken better care of their instrument. Doesn't change the fact that Mariah is a very talented vocalist and even though her instrument is not the same as it used to be. She can still sing. Now this is what being objective sounds like. Not your crap of Mariah is bad at everything and is the devil.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

Yea girl. Context. Mariah has had nodules since childhood. Which means she should have been more careful with the way she treated her voice in the long run. Some of the choices she has made were not the best. Like smoking, overworking, drinking. All things that are not good for the voice. But she is not the only vocalist in history to make some bad decisions towards her instrument. You named Whitney which is another example of that. Mariah has had better vocals post 1998 than the ones she had in 1998. So i don't know what you are trying to do here. And this is not a competition about who is better. You think i can't name singers with better technique than Whitney? Don't be ridiculous, this is not the point. The point is you lie by saying Mariah is some horrible technique singer. That is a lie bigger than a house. And just because there are people better trained that have taken better care of their instrument. Doesn't change the fact that Mariah is a very talented vocalist and even though her instrument is not the same as it used to be. She can still sing. Now this is what being objective sounds like. Not your crap of Mariah is bad at everything and is the devil.

I never said she has terrible technique and is the devil. Your bestie said Mariah is superior to Celine and I said what was not perfect in her technique. and you had a meltdown

15 minutes ago, light741 said:

The fact he spends more time naming everything he hates about Mariah rather than focusing on his favs. And he thinks he can talk about anybody being or not being a nice person when he is full of hatred.  moo3

Replying to his attention seeking doesn't help though. aretha1

I never said she has terrible technique and is the devil. Your bestie said Mariah is superior to Celine and I said what was not perfect in her technique. and you had a meltdown

I'm not constantly posting things about artists i don't like and lecturing artists that don't even know i exist about morals and being a good person. So i'm far from having a meltdown.

Celine is not perfect with her technique either. But that doesn't mean she has bad technique. It is important to remember that some of the common singing approaches we here in mainstream music, are not what would be considered the best way to do things by the most conservative vocal coaches.  But that has to do with the fat that the rules in mainstream music are not the same ones from the Opera or Brodway singing fields.

1 minute ago, light741 said:

I'm not constantly posting things about artists i don't like and lecturing artists that don't even know i exist about morals and being a good person. So i'm far from having a meltdown.

Celine is not perfect with her technique either. But that doesn't mean she has bad technique. It is important to remember that some of the common singing approaches we here in mainstream music, are not what would be considered the best way to do things by the most conservative vocal coaches.  But that has to do with the fat that the rules in mainstream music are not the same ones from the Opera or Brodway singing fields.

stay out of BG if you can't deal with this kind of threads crybaby

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Replying to his attention seeking doesn't help though. aretha1

Honey i have been absent from this forum for months. I'm just passing the time. Him on the other hand. Criticizing Mariah is his way of life............ari4

5 minutes ago, light741 said:

Who said i can't deal with this? Fake God of morality.

You're the one constantly writing essays about morality as if the goal of BG isn't to diss pop girls. It's like if I go eat at McDonalds and I keep telling people they shouldn't eat junk food.

5 hours ago, Ahmed said:

You're the one constantly writing essays about morality as if the goal of BG isn't to diss pop girls. It's like if I go eat at McDonalds and I keep telling people they shouldn't eat junk food.

You are the one complaining about Mariah not being a "good" person. You do it on here. On Youtube, twitter etc. Everywhere you seem to think you are the God that judges who is good and who is bad. You dedicate your time to attack an artist you don't like while complaining that Mariah isn't a nice person. Did you take a look at your own attitude darling? moo5

10 hours ago, Ahmed said:

Girl what? Who said belting is the best way to sing? It used to be considered the standard cuz there were no mics back in the day, but it has changed lmao. And Mariah's chest voice and vibrato would be considered weak compared to the vocal standards from back in the day.

Mariah takes 100 takes of one belted words, then does the next etc. It sounds a mess when put together, anyone trying to sing along to her can tell it's not natural. You can't flip to thin falsetto then be chesty with no breath in between. Celine mixes with some head voice to remain consistent. Same for Beyonce or Barbra or any vocalist who thinks about how they need to make their songs realistic live. How you place your real breath, not how you can use countless takes to create an illusion that you have a bigger breath capacity than you do lol That's why everyone is so surprised at how breathless Mairah sounds live lol  Watch these. Barbra masters everything better than Mariah. 11:30 "being a melismatic singer does not grant any singer supremacy" btw lol Mariah only uses that to conceal her flaws. The best technician would never use such breathy techniques to that extreme.

You need your comprehension exercises. Point out where I said belting is the best way to sing. I said one should belt with diaphragmatic support. And kii at trying to undermine Mariah's agility, which she proved countless times live. bey10

15 hours ago, HninSi said:

You need your comprehension exercises. Point out where I said belting is the best way to sing. I said one should belt with diaphragmatic support. And kii at trying to undermine Mariah's agility, which she proved countless times live. bey10

Mixed voice also comes from the diaphragm lmao you have no clue what you're talking about lol. And there's a difference between doing one line properly and doing an entire song properly.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.