Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Surpreme Court judges threaten to overturn same sex marriage

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Two conservative Supreme Court justices are taking aim at the landmark case that legalized same-sex marriage across the U.S. in 2015.

Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito released a four-page opinion Monday about the religious liberty implications from the Obergefell v. Hodges decision.

Thomas and Alito argue that the decision threatens the religious liberty of Americans who believe that marriage is a “sacred institution” between a man and woman.

“Due to Obergefell, those with sincerely held religious beliefs concerning marriage will find it increasingly difficult to participate in society without running afoul of Obergefell and its effect on other antidiscrimination laws,” wrote the justices.

Thomas and Alito were among the four justices who voted against legalizing same-sex marriage five years ago, arguing that it should have been. 

www.lex18.com/news/national/2-justices-argue-supreme-court-should-fix-same-sex-marriage-decision%3f_amp=true

Separation of church of state ceased to exist after RBG passed. To all of those people who voted third party, believed both parties are the same, voted for the less "evil" candidate, or even voted for a dead gorilla, shame on you. I hope you realize the magnitude of your actions.

on one hand im terrified at how far these ratpublicans can turn back progress.

on another, this is my first presidential election as a voter so im excited to vote. i have my mail in ballot filled out i just gotta wait till i can put it in a mailbox that is designated for them jj3 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

on one hand im terrified at how far these ratpublicans can turn back progress.

on another, this is my first presidential election as a voter so im excited to vote. i have my mail in ballot filled out i just gotta wait till i can put it in a mailbox that is designated for them jj3 

If there is a ballot box you can place it in, that may be better. But make sure you mail in time.

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

If there is a ballot box you can place it in, that may be better. But make sure you mail in time.

i might just go when my parents go to the polling stations jj3 

would that be too late?

20 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

i might just go when my parents go to the polling stations jj3 

would that be too late?

You're in NJ?

A ballot drop box is a secure, locked structure operated by election officials where voters may deliver their ballots from the time they receive them in the mail up to the time polls close on at 8 pm on Election Day, November 3rd.

There will be at least 10 drop boxes located throughout each county, which will be available 24 hours a day. Drop boxes will be under surveillance by security cameras and collected daily by county election officials.

https://nj.gov/state/elections/vote-secure-drop-boxes.shtml

11 minutes ago, Infrared said:

You're in NJ?

A ballot drop box is a secure, locked structure operated by election officials where voters may deliver their ballots from the time they receive them in the mail up to the time polls close on at 8 pm on Election Day, November 3rd.

There will be at least 10 drop boxes located throughout each county, which will be available 24 hours a day. Drop boxes will be under surveillance by security cameras and collected daily by county election officials.

https://nj.gov/state/elections/vote-secure-drop-boxes.shtml

thanks hug1 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.