Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Tommy compared Mariah to Michael Jackson multiple times but not to Madonna, why?

I thought Madonna was the pinnacle of female success and longevity. In Mariah’s autobiography, she revealed that the most powerful man in music at the time compared her to Michael Jackson, even at the start of her career. Keep in mind, Thriller had already been released and was literally the biggest musical event in history and solidified Michael Jackson as the biggest star on the planet. He said she was the most talented artist he had ever met, and that she could be as big as Michael Jackson. And with her unprecedented reign in the 90s, he was correct. 
I’m curious as to why the supposed biggest female artist on the planet wasn’t mentioned? Did the music mogul know something we don’t? That Madonna is perhaps not as talented or successful as she and her stans make her out to be? Did Mariah simply turn out to be bigger and more talented? 
discuss 

21 minutes ago, STJ said:

Every manager says their artist is the greatest ____ eve1

Celine's late manager said she had the most beautiful voice, Xtina's manager claimed she hasn't reached her peak yet eve1 Doesn't make it true rih9 Or worthy of contemplation. rih9

In this particular case though. mottola probably compared Mariah and Michael because they had some things in common. They were both at Sony. They both had to face mottola trying to ruin their careers and both loathed him for that. 

The way both exposed his ass.

He was acting all cute thinking jaja i got them forever. Like this.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo2_400.gif

But they were able to reveal his true face. Which probably looks like this.

o0600047913213997692.jpg?caw=800

And then finish the evil forever.

Like this.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

It's amazing how Sailor Moon has a gif for every occasion.

b9e.gif

9 minutes ago, STJ said:

Gurl, let's not jj4

JLo has no hands in helping motorolla end MC rih9

That's what she wants us to believe. But secretly she was there. It's just that you can't see it very well in that gif. Here take a closer look.

340?cb=20200412065106

Mottola is the short hair that got her faced blow up. jlo would be the purple one. The most racially ambiguous. Like the character she played in her classic rom coms.bey4

47 minutes ago, STJ said:

Gurl, let's not jj4

JLo has no hands in helping motorolla end MC rih9

Why is it so easy for anybody to believe that MC is an undercover evil witch but J.Lo becomes Glinda the Good Witch despite being the most controversial musical act since Milli Vanilli?

11 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Why is it so easy for anybody to believe that MC is an undercover evil witch but J.Lo becomes Glinda the Good Witch despite being the most controversial musical act since Milli Vanilli?

Because unlike Mariah, JLo has no history of shading people to the pits of hell moo2

1 hour ago, STJ said:

Because unlike Mariah, JLo has no history of shading people to the pits of hell moo2

Mariah only comes for people who come for her, and I'm guessing y'all conveniently forgot about the 1998 Movieline interview?

Sis was full of herself and shading several people. Very directly too.

Link to the interview here but the best part is:

Now that Lopez has edged up to what she calls "the bottom of the A-list of actresses," how does she view the women with whom she's been in contention for roles? Like, say, Salma Hayek? "We're in two different realms. She's a sexy bombshell and those are the kinds of roles she does. I do all kinds of different things. It makes me laugh when she says she got offered Selena, which was an outright lie. If that's what she does to get herself publicity, then that's her thing. Columbia offered me the choice of Fools Rush In or Anaconda, but I chose the fun B-movie because the Fools script wasn't strong enough."

Cameron Diaz? "A lucky model who's been given a lot of opportunities I just wish she would have done more with. She's beautiful and has a great presence, though, and in My Best Friend's Wedding, I thought, 'When directed, she can be good.'"

Gwyneth Paltrow? "Tell me what she's been in? I swear to God, I don't remember anything she was in. Some people get hot by association. I heard more about her and Brad Pitt than I ever heard about her work."

Claire Danes? "A good actress. Her emotional and inner life are available to her, which is a good start. But I feel like I see a lot of the same thing with every character she does. She's not that way in U-Turn, though."

Winona Ryder? "I was never a big fan of hers. In Hollywood she's revered, she gets nominated for Oscars, but I've never heard anyone in the public or among my friends say, 'Oh, I love her.' She's cute and talented, though, and I'd like her just for looking like my older sister, Leslie."

Madonna? "Do I think she's a great performer? Yeah. Do I think she's a great actress? No. Acting is what I do, so I'm harder on people when they say, 'Oh, I can do that--I can act.' I'm like, 'Hey, don't spit on my craft.'"

3 hours ago, Strobo said:

Mariah only comes for people who come for her, and I'm guessing y'all conveniently forgot about the 1998 Movieline interview?

Acting is what i do orangu1 like she's so good at it 

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

The difference is JLo made up with all those people and praised them countless times after lol Some are even her friends now. She did a movie with Cameron. It's just one messy interview, not a habit.

Mariah still holds the grudge 20 years later.

8 hours ago, Winnie x Ava Max said:

I thought Madonna was the pinnacle of female success and longevity. In Mariah’s autobiography, she revealed that the most powerful man in music at the time compared her to Michael Jackson, even at the start of her career. Keep in mind, Thriller had already been released and was literally the biggest musical event in history and solidified Michael Jackson as the biggest star on the planet. He said she was the most talented artist he had ever met, and that she could be as big as Michael Jackson. And with her unprecedented reign in the 90s, he was correct. 
I’m curious as to why the supposed biggest female artist on the planet wasn’t mentioned? Did the music mogul know something we don’t? That Madonna is perhaps not as talented or successful as she and her stans make her out to be? Did Mariah simply turn out to be bigger and more talented? 
discuss 

I'm guessing that happened in ~1990 then, when everything Madonna was doing was snubbed by critics and awards. lol3 Madonna was active for only 7 years then, things are different tho, every new girl is named "the new Madonna". lol3

1 hour ago, hector said:

Didn't she say in her memoir that she was asked to have a Madonna-esque voice? I mean...

Not quite, she said she could emulate that style of "Madonna-esque" voice that was popular at the time, although Madonna wasn't the only one with that style of nasal high voice at the time. Keep in mind this was in the mid 80s so Madonna although rising wasn't as big of a name as she is now, Mariah likely used her name as a reference point. 

1 hour ago, hector said:

Didn't she say in her memoir that she was asked to have a Madonna-esque voice? I mean...

11 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Not quite, she said she could emulate that style of "Madonna-esque" voice that was popular at the time, although Madonna wasn't the only one with that style of nasal high voice at the time. Keep in mind this was in the mid 80s so Madonna although rising wasn't as big of a name as she is now, Mariah likely used her name as a reference point. 

Weirdonners cannot read: proven ari11

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.