Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Exhale

Pop Hits Battle - MHWGO vs BOMT

Pop Hits Battle  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger hit?

• My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
    • ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears

Announcing my new thread series: Pop Hits Battle moo13 I'll be pitting hit songs with some or no correlation against each other and you guys have to vote for one of those songs based on overall quality, impact, inconicity among other factors.

For Round 1, we have arguably the two biggest songs of the late 90s era by a female singer:

Vs.

(I couldn't find the official video on YouTube laughcry1)

1 hour ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Critics liked ...Baby more than that Titanic song, though. Read critics from 1997-1999, they all hated My Heart Will Go On.

It was probably because MHWGO is more your typical 90s ballad and by that point they were starting to go out of fashion, whereas BOMT was a sweet innocent pop song that was coming in to fashion. 

Just now, Billie Frank said:

It was probably because MHWGO is more your typical 90s ballad and by that point they were starting to go out of fashion, whereas BOMT was a sweet innocent pop song that was coming in to fashion. 

Yup, exactly that. Also, Legendion's whole discography has always been criticized for being insubstantial and having no input from ha as an artist.

2 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Yup, exactly that. Also, Legendion's whole discography has always been criticized for being insubstantial and having no input from ha as an artist.

Even Celine will admit that, i'm sure she's said before that she believes her purpose is to preform and express the song. Somewhat in the same way that an Opera singer's job is to emote the song. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.