Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Obi-Wan Kenobi miniseries set to begin filming in March

Ewan McGregor will soon be donning Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi robes once again.

During a Zoom appearance on the BBC’s “The Graham Norton Show” Friday night, McGregor revealed that Disney Plus’ untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi series is finally set to begin filming in March of 2021.

“It’s the Obi-Wan Kenobi story, I suppose. It’s not all me, but it certainly will be a lot of me, which is good,” McGregor said of the show. “We start shooting it in March next year.”

Though the Obi-Wan-centric series was first announced back in Aug. 2019 and meant to begin filming the next year, the shoot was delayed when writer Hossein Amini left the project in Jan. 2020.

Amini was eventually replaced by Joby Harold in April of 2020, and script rewrites forced production to be delayed into 2021. Then, the COVID-19 pandemic struck. Deborah Chow, who directed part of Disney Plus’ “The Mandalorian,” remains at the helm of the series.

During the interview, McGregor also addressed his appreciation for Alec Guinness, who played Kenobi in the original “Star Wars” trilogy and died in 2000.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ewan-mcgregor-disney-plus-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-1234800083/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.