Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Why Do Certain FOTPers Despise K-Pop Music/Groups?

Are y'all racists? jj2

I mean, I understand exactly that K-Pop is only good for the aesthetics and that their music is largely manufactured by B to C level American musicians. However, K-Pop music stretches way beyond the most popular songs on YouTube! There's plenty of good, innovative, and cutting edge K-Pop songs. There's also the self-made "indie" ones and a lot of those are good too.

So, what is it? Cuz you know that it's really weird to dismiss some users opinions just because they stan K-Pop, but sadly that happens quite repeatedly on this forum.

Let's discuss! Stan Wonho, btw!

bey13

Uneducated and uncultured. The majority of Kpop groups write and produce their music. They spend hours on practice, which is more than most of the faves. 

The only ones who seem to be rehearsing as hard as Kpop groups are Beyonce and Gaga; this is why their performances tend to do well and not cause backlashes/backfires.

JjAJtuw.gif

2 hours ago, Demi Lovallah said:
Mod Notice
Racism is not tolerated on FOTP.

Why do you think it's called kpop jj4

3 hours ago, STJ said:

The majority of Kpop groups write and produce their music

JjAJtuw.gif

False. Only a handful of them do. 

OT: it's just like saying oh you stan this fave therefore your opinions dont matter. It's not some people's cup of tea. And it's just a petty point to bring in an argument. 

Speaking for myself but most of the popular stuff I've heard tends to follow a formula of outdated trend from 5-10 years ago, produced with current production technique. Often times there's some rap parts which when they're good they're good but rarely do they contribute much to the song for me. The vocals can vary but often times I feel underwhelmed by them especially because more often than not the groups are more pushed on the performance side.

Kpop is currently the only scene CONSISTENTLY serving great visuals and dance but the songs rarely feel memorable to me.

That said I would love some recommendations because I'm well aware I only know the most popular stuff, which tends to be the most basic.

56 minutes ago, STJ said:

Uneducated and uncultured. The majority of Kpop groups write and produce their music. They spend hours on practice, which is more than most of the faves. 

The only ones who seem to be rehearsing as hard as Kpop groups are Beyonce and Gaga; this is why their performances tend to do well and not cause backlashes/backfires.

JjAJtuw.gif

so are you and anyone who doesn't stan latin music also uncultured and uneducated? this argument can be applied to anything. You arent uncultured and uneducated just because you dont like certain type of music, especially when there is a language barrier. People have different taste and also, cant always get into music that they simply dont understand. 

Just now, Gilly said:

so are you and anyone who doesn't stan latin music also uncultured and uneducated? this argument can be applied to anything. You arent uncultured and uneducated just because you dont like certain type of music, especially when there is a language barrier. People have different taste and also, cant always get into music that they simply dont understand. 

Sis, I like Latin music bey11 I can listen to any language of music. nicki4

2 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Gilly, please... don't be angry. I...love Selena Quintanilla! hug1

Spoiler

I love Latin language music, but I don't really vibe with the reggaeton genre since the beats used on current pop music are literally the same. I think only few artists make different beats or alternate the currently popular beats. bey4

5 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Also sis, just to clarify, this thread is not aimed at people who can't get into Kpop, you have every right to not listen to Kpop for whatever reasons.

It's more aimed at a particular user, whose name ends in 19 Payola'ed #1s, who said Kpop listeners' opinions don't matter in BG because they listen to the genre. nicki4

33 minutes ago, Strobo said:

That said I would love some recommendations because I'm well aware I only know the most popular stuff, which tends to be the most basic.

I have a few fave Kpop starter videos... though we don't seem to share the same music tastes other than Xtina and Kylie, so not sure I'm the right fit bey11, but here goes: 

Boy with luv acoustic cover:

Spoiler

Forbidden Love:

Spoiler

Jonghyun - Lonely

Spoiler

Jonghyun - Y Si Fuera Ella (this is a cover of a spanish song of the same name)

Spoiler

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.