Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Physical

Scream 5 is confirmed and set for January 2022 release

Scream 5 is officially in development and is being directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillet (they both directed 2019's Ready or Not) and with James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick (Kevin Williamson?) serving as writers on the project. Kevin Williamson is confirmed as an executive producer with Vanderbilt, Chad Villella, Paul Neinstein and William Sharek serving as producers. This is the fifth installment in the Scream franchise and is the first not to be directed by Wes Craven, who unfortunately died in 2015. 

Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette are returning to reprise their roles as Sidney Prescott, Gale Weathers and Dewey Riley. Marley Shelton will be returning to repise her role as Judy Hicks. Other confirmed cast members are Melissa Barrera, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, Dylan Minnette, Mason Gooding, Kyle Gallner, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mikey Madison and Sonia Ben Ammar. Roger L. Jackson will be returning as the voice of Ghostface. 

Filming started on September 22, 2020 in Wilmingthon, North Carolina. Filming will take place across several avenues in the city, including exterior shots of Williston Middle School and interior shots of Cardinal Lanes Shipyard and 10th street (between Ann and Castle Streets).

I thought this thread would be a great way to interact with everyone who is excited for the fifth Scream movie and who is a fan on the franchise and to post updates in this thread. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Physical said:

@Ghostface Assuming you're name, I guess you are a fan too? antm1

Yes, I am and I can't wait to see what they are going to do with the 5th instalment. I didn't even think there would be mroe of these movies. antm1

I actually enjoyed last year's mini-series. It lived up to some of the parts of the movie franchise. bey7

1 hour ago, Entea said:

The plot thickens rav2

Manipulators and detractors never rest. jj2

2 hours ago, Ghostface said:

Yes, I am and I can't wait to see what they are going to do with the 5th instalment. I didn't even think there would be mroe of these movies. antm1

I actually enjoyed last year's mini-series. It lived up to some of the parts of the movie franchise. bey7

EXACTLY! I loved the MTV series too (Seasons 1 - 2) but I definitely think they could've done so much better, last year's mini series was cute.
I never expected a 5th installment of the franchise, but I am so glad they went with it and I am so happy Neve is returning, wouldn't be Scream if Neve wasn't there.

2 minutes ago, Physical said:

EXACTLY! I loved the MTV series too (Seasons 1 - 2) but I definitely think they could've done so much better, last year's mini series was cute.
I never expected a 5th installment of the franchise, but I am so glad they went with it and I am so happy Neve is returning, wouldn't be Scream if Neve wasn't there.

It is still unbelievable to me they got Neve, Courtney and David back. 25 years later and enough parts in between, but they still have them signed for this. Either it is good, or they are doing it out of respect because Scream is really part of their best career moments, but I am hoping for the former to be true. There is also Kevin Williamson involved. jj2

Not sure how popular this can get considering Scream 4 waited long to be done and when it was, although good, went below bigger expectations. But I want them to recalibrate the franchise again. I mean, the same trio chased by Ghostface(s) again, who would have thought it is possible for some people to have that much of a bad luck? jj5

15 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

It is still unbelievable to me they got Neve, Courtney and David back. 25 years later and enough parts in between, but they still have them signed for this. Either it is good, or they are doing it out of respect because Scream is really part of their best career moments, but I am hoping for the former to be true. There is also Kevin Williamson involved. jj2

Not sure how popular this can get considering Scream 4 waited long to be done and when it was, although good, went below bigger expectations. But I want them to recalibrate the franchise again. I mean, the same trio chased by Ghostface(s) again, who would have thought it is possible for some people to have that much of a bad luck? jj5

I know right, the main trio back again after 25 years. I think the script is good, but Neve said that the directors have paid such great respect to Wes and that she feels comfortable doing it and I know Wes would be proud when the movie comes out! I am sure they are making sure everything is perfect before they release it! Kevin is also involved, which is good too!

I don't think they should change that much, I think they should re-consider doing what they did with 1 & 4. Let the main trio come back to Woodsboro after the murders happened, let one of the new characters be involved with Sidney and via that way they get in touch with her or something, I don't know. What do you think?

I think 5 will do much better than 4, the hype for it is amazing already so far.

18 minutes ago, Physical said:

I know right, the main trio back again after 25 years. I think the script is good, but Neve said that the directors have paid such great respect to Wes and that she feels comfortable doing it and I know Wes would be proud when the movie comes out! I am sure they are making sure everything is perfect before they release it! Kevin is also involved, which is good too!

I don't think they should change that much, I think they should re-consider doing what they did with 1 & 4. Let the main trio come back to Woodsboro after the murders happened, let one of the new characters be involved with Sidney and via that way they get in touch with her or something, I don't know. What do you think?

I think 5 will do much better than 4, the hype for it is amazing already so far.

Yeah, getting Neve back is a good sign considering she actually wouldn't like to be a part of another Scream movie without Wes directing it ( unfortunately, it is not possible ), but her signing this should mean she is satisfied with the idea and the script.

I agree, not change too much, but not going over the board like they did in Scream 3.

It is true people are looking more into this and that is partially thanks to series that maintained some level of inerest among some of the public during last few years and considering Scream 4 re-introduced the franchise to this time-frame.

I am also happy about them taking their time with this and not hurrying up, so everything should be ironed out well enough when it comes to filmming and editing at least.

I think there's much more nostalgia at play here than there was in 2011 for Scream 4. Horror franchise revival hadn't really become a huge thing yet, but now we have Halloween and It as huge blockbuster horror franchises largely fueled by nostalgia. I think Scream 5 if marketed correctly can be pretty big. 

37 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Yeah, getting Neve back is a good sign considering she actually wouldn't like to be a part of another Scream movie without Wes directing it ( unfortunately, it is not possible ), but her signing this should mean she is satisfied with the idea and the script.

I agree, not change too much, but not going over the board like they did in Scream 3.

It is true people are looking more into this and that is partially thanks to series that maintained some level of inerest among some of the public during last few years and considering Scream 4 re-introduced the franchise to this time-frame.

I am also happy about them taking their time with this and not hurrying up, so everything should be ironed out well enough when it comes to filmming and editing at least.

Yeah, they have a full on year and like 2 months to film everything, movie comes out January 14 in 2022, enough time to perfect everything, editing and stuff like that. And ofcourse, let's hope COVID-19 doesn't get any worse, because that would slow the process of filming. 

33 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

Ugh it seems like ages away but I can’t wait ari8 

I know right cry3, but when we are in 2021, time will go fast I guess.

23 minutes ago, harry said:

I think there's much more nostalgia at play here than there was in 2011 for Scream 4. Horror franchise revival hadn't really become a huge thing yet, but now we have Halloween and It as huge blockbuster horror franchises largely fueled by nostalgia. I think Scream 5 if marketed correctly can be pretty big. 

Hope it will be

39 minutes ago, harry said:

This is true, and just what was on my mind. It and Halloween turned out to be solid in all of the fields and it is true nostalgia played a big role in that. Now that original Scream trilogy is two decades old, it should also make waves from that alone. The 4th part was too late from the last instalment and yet too early to really play on nostalgia's sympathy and it wasn't even that well handled.

I think people wondering what they could possibly do now is what will also has it advantage.

20 minutes ago, Physical said:

Yeah, they have a full on year and like 2 months to film everything, movie comes out January 14 in 2022, enough time to perfect everything, editing and stuff like that. And ofcourse, let's hope COVID-19 doesn't get any worse, because that would slow the process of filming. 

Considering they are already working and maintaining the whole process in these conditions, I don't think they will have any more setbacks, at least not when it comes to project getting done. Distribution of the movie could be affected, but the movie is 15 months away, so there is enough reasons to believe pandemic would be on the lower grade than it is at the moment. Besides, Halloween is going to be fine as well I think and it comes out in one year exactly.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:13 PM, Ghostface said:

Considering they are already working and maintaining the whole process in these conditions, I don't think they will have any more setbacks, at least not when it comes to project getting done. Distribution of the movie could be affected, but the movie is 15 months away, so there is enough reasons to believe pandemic would be on the lower grade than it is at the moment. Besides, Halloween is going to be fine as well I think and it comes out in one year exactly.

Let's hope for it. I kind of feel like re-watching Scream 1 - 4 and the series until January 2022 jj2

3 hours ago, Physical said:

Let's hope for it. I kind of feel like re-watching Scream 1 - 4 and the series until January 2022 jj2

October is pretty fitting for this whole movie franchise at least. jj2

Neve seems excited to be there since she is actively talking about it and all. bey7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.