Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Miley might revive Hannah Montana 'at some point'

Grab your wigs and get ready to do the hoedown throwdown, because Miley Cyrus called into Nashville radio station 107.5 The River on Monday (Oct. 12) and spilled some serious tea about a possible revival of Hannah Montana.

"At some point, I'm definitely...I'm getting the wig out of storage," the singer dished in the closing seconds of the interview. Of course, the Disney Channel original series, which starred Cyrus as a regular preteen girl with a secret pop star alter ego, ran from 2006 to 2011 and turned the budding star into a household name.

During the interview, Cyrus also opened up about her upcoming MTV Unplugged special, promising that fans can expect her to deliver "range" during the at-home Backyard Sessions concert.

"I just erase these lines of, like, the divide of genre," she said. "I go from Britney [Spears] to Pearl Jam to my own original music...I mean there's just something for everybody."

The singer then went on to speak about how the pandemic prompted her decision to release "Midnight Sky" before the rest of her upcoming album, Miley Cyrus is Coming, had been written and recorded.

"It's always kind of intimidating choosing a single because I think that's what's expected, is you feel like you're giving a sample of what's to come," she said. "I've never done it this way, but usually I have my full body of work written and then I go through, you know, 10, 12, 14 songs and pick the one that I feel like does...shine some light on what the record will be.

"But I didn't even have my full record done or written when I did 'Midnight Sky,'" she continued. "And that didn't stop me or scare me from putting it out now, because I felt like words like 'forever and ever no more,' especially when everything has just changed, everything we thought that would be is not anymore/ And I think people needed to hear that kind of detachment to what we know and what's comfortable."

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/9464561/miley-cyrus-hannah-montana-wig-interview

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.