Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

Is Britney Spears deserving of her praise or is she an overatted mess?

Overrated or Underrated?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you see Britney Spears?

• She's the best to ever grace the industry. Your fave wished they were half as good as Godney
    • She's good. Not the best but still a great artist and entertainer that deserves recognition
    • She's meh. Nothing special but she's not trash.
    • She's bad. Not the worst but my goodness is she bland and uninspiring
    • Fucking trash. The absolute worst artist of all time. Will never understand why people like her?

Britney Spears is without question one the biggest pop stars to grace the music industry. Since her debut in 1999, she has released some of the most memorable and iconic pop songs and albums ever and has gotten praise from fans and the music industry. Often referred to as the Princess of Pop, very few artists have attained the level of success and status that Britney has gotten throughout her career. But is all this praised deserved? Is Britney deserving of all the praise she's gotten or is she an overrated mess with nothing special about her? What are your thoughts? Vote on the poll and share your thoughts in the thread.

Spoiler

Made a Beyonce thread similar to this for anyone interested

She's the best, nobody compares to her when she was at her peak. The best dancer, had a good singing voice, she is a brilliant songwriter.

She wrote 80% of Everytime as confirmed by Ms @Goldie who used to work at a publishing company or something. 

Unlike that other girl who contributed 0-2% and claims to write everything. 

3 minutes ago, STJ said:

She wrote 80% of Everytime

the crumbles... 

tine.gif

i don't know if she is overrated or underrated, one thing i am sure of is that she was a hardworker and most of everything a very lucky girl until it all went to shit of course.

15 minutes ago, STJ said:

What crumbles sis? sass1 She also wrote most of Glory, which happened to be my 2nd fave album of hers. sass1 When given creative input, she is super good at it. moo13

that's ONE good song she had major control over throughout eigth studio album which is why it's always but amusing and kinda tragic to me seeing britney stans claim she is this gifted songwriter... but yall do yall dead4

No one overrates her lbh. At least not delusional people.

She was amazing for the kind of genre she did and in the period she did it. It's no coincidence the first name that comes up in someone's mind when they think of teen top revival is her. 

It would have been interesting to see how she would evolve as an artist if she wasnt so stiffled by so much control and ofc the breakdown. When given control she certainly can come up with amazing things: i.e ITZ, Original Doll demos, Blackout, Glory

She's great and the praise is deserved. However, the modern day stans that think she can make a comeback whenever and smash 100% guaranteed are delusional. Her time is up. Let the woman get out of her conservatorship, and be free with her family.

everything up until her breakdown was a serve and the praise is deserved. Everything after, no (aside from some songs). Does that erase her prime and legacy? No. Many (in fact, most) pop stars are not able to carry out consistent slayage for the entirety of their lives/careers. There comes a time when they lose that spark (whether it'd be musically, vocally, artistically, etc). In fact, aside from Beyonce and Rihanna, it's hard for me to think of other pop girls who've been in the game for a while and are still currently at the top of their game. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.