Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vaccinate ha!

Albums she could have done better?

Madame X era would've been better if the singles were different.

First single: Future, second single: Medellin, third single: Faz Gostoso. Maybe Crazy or Come Alive or Bitch I'm Loca as fourth singles.

Eurovision performance should've been different, i was expecting something else. She was such a pro at the Super Bowl, i was expecting even better performance in Eurovision since it has more viewers.

Better album cover and photoshoot.

Better streaming promotion.

Less vocoder in few songs.

Definitely MDNA 

Better album title, it should've been called Boombox or Mirrorball 

Better album cover, I have no probs with the photoshoot I loved it. 

Better promo

Better album tracks, should've replaced GMAYL with Beautiful Game, GGW with God Control, Turn Up the radio with Celebration, Superstar with Sing. The rest (except I'm Addicted, Love Spent, Gang Bang, Falling Free and Masterpiece) should've been replaced with COADF outtakes. 

The Singles should've been better

first: Celebration, second: Love Spent, third: Beautiful Game, fourth: I'm Addicted, fifth: God Control, sixth: Masterpiece, and seventh: Falling Free. 

And yes, also Madame X should've been much better too

Lots of good points were made in here! Personally I think Erotica should have been different, while I love the Erotica song, I don't think it should have been a first single, maybe Deeper & Deeper instead? Not sure, I feel like that album really doesn't have that "first single" material, yet I do love every song. Fever shouldn't have been a single, but instead Waiting. 

Rebel Heart era was a mess, LFL was a bad choice, and the video was even worse, and some of the song choices were a.. choice. Wish she included God Is Love, Nothing Lasts Forever and Never Let You Go. I Think the latter could have been a second single too, it's a bop. Devil pray also deserved a video. Ugh. She really should have done the 2 cd release, because now it is just all over the place. 

MDNA should have been an ep. 

Starting with Hard Candy there's been some regular mismanagement.

Hard Candy has the weakest videos of her career excluding her debut, and that was when she was a brand new artist.

4 Minutes was a great lead, was perfectly on trend there and was a heavy hitter. From there, I feel like she could've done more than just a budget less music video for Give It 2 Me and live footage for Miles Away. She's Not Me or Beat Goes On might've been better second single choices. She's Not Me could've been a great tongue in cheek music video like her performances.

Thankfully, the tour smashed and did what it was supposed to.

MDNA on the other hand... There was no way to make this album good. Too many producers. She either needed to stick with the Benassi Bros, Martin Solveig or someone completely different. Having Orbit on the album was fine but he didn't fit stylistically with the album and his tracks (besides Gang Bang maybe) could've been an EP.

The album roll out was also very underwhelming and if we absolutely had to work with what we had, GGW should've happened first. Then I'm Addicted because it captures the vibe of the album best while still being good. GMAYL shouldn't have been on the album, it should've just been a Superbowl promo single.

Thankfully, once again. The tour did what it needed to and was successful.

Rebel Heart... When the songs got leaked she should've either cancelled the album altogether and worked on a new concept instead of trying to rush release what she had. Or, go even harder on her label and make the 2CD album concept a reality. As it is, the album is her messiest release. There's no consistency in tone or vibe, the tracklist is a mess, there's WAY too many cooks in the pot, and the singles were not the best choices.

Even the tour was kind of a half assed rehash of the previous one.

There's really no saving this one without making a completely different album. Madonna herself mentioned hating the writing camps she was forced to deal with, and I'm also going to assume she had a lot of label meddling with the overall sound of the album to.

Really, I guess it just shows that Madonna works best when she does when she's known for. Finding a small group of people and making magic with them. The more people involved in a project, the messier it tends to be.

On 10/24/2020 at 4:53 AM, Vaccinate ha! said:

Lots of good points were made in here! Personally I think Erotica should have been different, while I love the Erotica song, I don't think it should have been a first single, maybe Deeper & Deeper instead? Not sure, I feel like that album really doesn't have that "first single" material, yet I do love every song. Fever shouldn't have been a single, but instead Waiting. 

Rebel Heart era was a mess, LFL was a bad choice, and the video was even worse, and some of the song choices were a.. choice. Wish she included God Is Love, Nothing Lasts Forever and Never Let You Go. I Think the latter could have been a second single too, it's a bop. Devil pray also deserved a video. Ugh. She really should have done the 2 cd release, because now it is just all over the place. 

MDNA should have been an ep. 

• The only things I would change about Erotica era is postponing the Sex book and replacing Fever (album version) with Fever (edit one - the video version).  oprah14 It is brilliant what they did with such a classic song. Shame it wasn't a hit.

• RH era should have started with Ghosttown.  Nothing Lasts Forever and Never Let You Go are solid pop songs, but below Madonna's level. Check out ATC's  I'm In Heaven and you will realize Never Let You Go sounds like their leftover.  eve1 RH had too many songs that didn't deserve to be released. The album is an eclectic mess.
2 hours ago, Strobo said:

Hard Candy has the weakest videos of her career excluding her debut, and that was when she was a brand new artist. She's Not Me or Beat Goes On might've been better second single choices. 

MDNA on the other hand... There was no way to make this album good. Too many producers. She either needed to stick with the Benassi Bros, Martin Solveig or someone completely different. Having Orbit on the album was fine but he didn't fit stylistically with the album and his tracks (besides Gang Bang maybe) could've been an EP. The album roll out was also very underwhelming and if we absolutely had to work with what we had, GGW should've happened first. Then I'm Addicted because it captures the vibe of the album best while still being good. GMAYL shouldn't have been on the album, it should've just been a Superbowl promo single.

Rebel Heart... When the songs got leaked she should've either cancelled the album altogether and worked on a new concept instead of trying to rush release what she had. Or, go even harder on her label and make the 2CD album concept a reality. As it is, the album is her messiest release. There's no consistency in tone or vibe, the tracklist is a mess, there's WAY too many cooks in the pot, and the singles were not the best choices. Even the tour was kind of a half assed rehash of the previous one.

There's really no saving this one without making a completely different album. Madonna herself mentioned hating the writing camps she was forced to deal with, and I'm also going to assume she had a lot of label meddling with the overall sound of the album to.

• Since she decided to make such a mainstream album like HC, she should have tried to milk it in every way. Not releasing BGO, which could have been a hit, was a mistake. jj3 
  • MNDA is actually a decent pop album, if we focus on 10 best songs. jj2 It could have been a great experience if she released a lot of videos and promote. I like GMAYL. It isn't some great stuff, but I like where she was going with it. Retro modern pop song is always better than generic EDM like GGW that everybody was doing. GMAYL could have been bigger if Madonna promoted.
  • RH even in its finished form sounded dated and cheap.
  • I don't know what to believe anymore about Madonna's thoughts on writing camps. We know Madonna is a perfectionist and a workaholic, but in the 2010s she seemed lazy and disinterested when it comes to music making. I doubt her label was a problem, because Madame X tells a different story. The album isn't  likable like her other stuff, but you can tell she thought about it and was creative. It wasn't perfect, but it was a continuation of quality that was on COADF.

MDNA oprah14

It was lazy record and it feels. Its cute that at the end of recording sessions, she found passion and inspiration for this album working with Orbit, but it was too late. It was cute pop record but she can do much better. 

Tho im not one to be like "madonna has to reinvent music with every song again and again or i dont care" she has done a lot in her career and shes free doing whatever she feels like it really. 

With her i always try to not put up any expectations for her music im just open to whatever she wants to bring to us with open mind. 

On 11/3/2020 at 8:31 AM, doja said:

madame x ari9 

i wish i could delete all these songs off her discography except god control & i rise (w out the cringey sample) 

at least mdna & rebel heart had a bunch of bops here & there 

Madame X and her bops remain unbothered tea GIF

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.